Author Topic: Repair help requested for Class D Subwoofer module of 18 inch 1000W amp module  (Read 121 times)

Offline Studi-JoTopic starter

Hi,

I am 52, mobile DJ, and studied electronics 20 years ago. After that I never practiced.

I have a DB Technologies DVA S10 18 inch subwoofer, 1000 Watts. On my last gig it started to smell....
Decreased volume and had no choice to switch it off.
Once at home I opened the enclosure and found a complete stuck 18 inch subwoofer, this occured the smell.
Ordered a new one and installed it but when I power the active speaker, without any audio input connected, it immediately and always gives a weird sound
It's not a 50 Hz hum but a higher frequency resonance sound so there is also a problem with the amplifier.

I removed the amplifier module "DigiPro 1000S" and opened it. Surprisely the Power Supply Unit is 3/4 of the module and only 1/4 is the amplifier.

Found online the schematics:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LB0oHgbkXONhuaymQSkRktFjN_DAph3A/view?usp=sharing

Because I need the subwoofer cabinet soon for other gigs, I ordered a complete new module but it would be nice if I was able to repair the old one and keep it as a spare. Visually I checked ELCO's and power components but nothing seems broken or smells burned.

Started to check the output of the Power Supply Unit:
New: +13,7 VDC (VDD) -13,7 VDC (VSS) -72,7 VDC (-HV) +72,6 VDC (+HV) -59 VDC (VDR)
Old: +13,7 VDC (VDD) -13,7 VDC (VSS) -98,6 VDC (-HV) +98,5 VDC (+HV) -85 VDC (VDR)
Old PSU gives more voltage to the amplifier MOSFETs but I guess this is not an issue.

The PSU seems OK. How to proceed?
The Amplifier has HEXFET Power Mosfets.
Is it possible to check the state good/bad by unsoldering and measuring? I found datasheets from most important components.

Any ideas or step by step instructions how to proceed would be highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,

Johan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf