Author Topic: Dolch Pac 65 - Corrupt Video Output  (Read 237 times)

Offline Tony_GTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
Dolch Pac 65 - Corrupt Video Output
« on: August 17, 2024, 08:01:30 pm »
Hey All,

Before I head out and buy a PCI or ISA video card to test, I thought I might ask here if anyone has dealt with this before.

My DolchPac 65 seems to have a video issue - I've removed all the cards, the LCD driver panel and the unit seeks the floppy drive so I think it's posting. This is what I see on the motherboard VGA output:

I really think that the issue is going to be in the motherboard video (which will basically mean a swap of the CI6BM SBC) but I'm open to any suggestions - Including a new SBC, just need it to support PCI and ISA cards as I'm using the unit to run a HP Viper ISA card in it)

Thanks,

TonyG
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 08:06:57 pm by Tony_G »

• Frequent Contributor
    • TGSoapbox
Re: Dolch Pac 65 - Corrupt Video Output
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 08:56:07 pm »
Just an update - I managed to find a old machine here that had a Diamond Multimedia PCI VGA card in it so I grabbed that, dropped it in and the machine posts correctly.

Looks like the video part of the CI6BM has failed, which is annoying unless anyone has a suggestion of addressing it as those boards are going for "collector" money apparently...

TonyG

Online squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2024, 01:02:44 am »
I remember curiousmarc messing with Dolch earlier.
Probably a solder crack somewhere. This is common with these long PICMG SBCs.

I suppose you could re-solder the chipset, but it is probably a BGA. Difficult to do.

It would be better to buy a new full size PICMG 1.3. But finding a compatible one may be difficult.

• Frequent Contributor
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 01:37:55 am »
Thanks - It is a "billion" pin package so I'm not even going to try and source a replacement.

I did try pressing on the board to see if anything changes but that wasn't successful.

I think you're right and I'll need to source a replacement. Thanks again though for the reply.

TonyG

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf