Author Topic: Fluke 189 enclosure parts  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Aurora900Topic starter

• Contributor
Fluke 189 enclosure parts
« on: December 13, 2021, 11:22:07 pm »
Hey all,
My favorite DMM, my Fluke 189 is in a state of disarray.  I went to change the batteries today and one of the plastic locks that hold the battery door on broke off.  Much to my dismay I can't seem to find any parts for it.  I found one seller on ebay whos selling the back half of the case but without the battery door.  Does anyone know if there's anywhere that sells fluke parts?  This meter is worth far more than I would ever dream to spend on one and I would like to get it working again.  Unfortunately I need the battery cover in order for the batteries to stay seated.  I had to replace the metal contacts a while back with after market ones after some batteries leaked in it and they just don't hold batteries as well as the originals did.

Basically all I need is the battery cover, and maybe a new kick stand if that's available somewhere too cause that broke ages ago and only hangs on by one hinge now

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 189 enclosure parts
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 11:33:11 pm »
eBay seller 'fluke-usa' is reliable, but I think he's out of those now.  You might e-mail him and see if he thinks he'll ever get them again. I bought a back cover (and had to pay extra for the screws) for what would might seem an exorbitant price, but the value of those 189s has soared to absurdity these days.  The parts ran out because industry users released a pile of those as surplus after the support ran out, and a lot of them were in really beat condition and people wanted to fix them up.  If you want some with the battery door and stand missing, sharpie markings all over the case and department names carved into the front panel--but still working 100%--there are plenty to be had.  For the right price...

Just check eBay every few hours for the next few months and maybe something will turn up.  And be quick!

Edit:  do you need the door or the screw part?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 11:38:40 pm by bdunham7 »
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 11:50:56 pm »
eBay seller 'fluke-usa' is reliable, but I think he's out of those now.  You might e-mail him and see if he thinks he'll ever get them again. I bought a back cover (and had to pay extra for the screws) for what would might seem an exorbitant price, but the value of those 189s has soared to absurdity these days.  The parts ran out because industry users released a pile of those as surplus after the support ran out, and a lot of them were in really beat condition and people wanted to fix them up.  If you want some with the battery door and stand missing, sharpie markings all over the case and department names carved into the front panel--but still working 100%--there are plenty to be had.  For the right price...

Just check eBay every few hours for the next few months and maybe something will turn up.  And be quick!

Edit:  do you need the door or the screw part?

Thanks for the info.  Yeah, I found the one that was out of stock from fluke-usa.  I emailed them too.  And yeah... I can't believe how much even a used 189 is going for... And then I looked up the price for a new 289 and I very quickly closed that tab haha.  For what these things cost and for how long fluke meters tend to last, I'd be happy to spend a decent amount of money keeping it in good working order.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 01:03:01 am »
Not sure  now,  but   Newark  had them in the past  ??

found this link ?

https://www.radwell.ca/en-CA/Buy/FLUKE/FLUKE/948609/?redirect=true
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:09:57 am by coromonadalix »

Offline BILLPOD

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 08:37:10 pm »
Good Morning Aurora900,   The fasteners on the battery door of my 189 broke quite a while ago.  I replaced it with the 'High Capacity Battery Pack'.  It takes the place of the back of the meter and holds 4 C-cells and once attached makes the meter able to stand up nicely without a stand.   Fluke doesn't make them any more but I found mine on Ebay, new in the box.  If you can find one you will LOVE it. :-DMM

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 06:51:18 pm »
Not sure  now,  but   Newark  had them in the past  ??

found this link ?

https://www.radwell.ca/en-CA/Buy/FLUKE/FLUKE/948609/?redirect=true

Sorry, I may have explained it poorly.  The locks themselves are fine, the battery door itself broke so the lock no longer holds it down

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 01:16:49 am »
oh sorry

The Ebay link  is valid,  i was able to buy case parts from that memeber in the past, a back case and a case door, screws for fluke 83

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf