Author Topic: Fluke 707 repair - information request  (Read 219 times)

Offline tfmTopic starter

• Contributor
Fluke 707 repair - information request
« on: July 22, 2024, 11:41:31 pm »
Hi,

I have a faulty Fluke 707 laying around for quite a while, and after a closer inspection, I realized this unit has seen better days.

Someone has been here before, and they weren't exactly kind. A few ICs have been removed, and the pads along with them:

Many blobs of solder, poor technique, twisted components, flux all around, bodge wires.

C86, below the encoder, is missing. They soldered an upsized cap on the bottom:

I have not found any teardown so far. I need a couple of things to give this a try.

First, I need to check if the components are right, including the values of the passives. So I kindly ask if someone could share high-quality pictures of their board, with the IC markings visible, as well as the passives.

Also, if by any chance a good soul could measure the values of the caps, I'd appreciate it. The reason being, with all these blobs of solder around, I don't trust these are the right values, despite probably not being critical.

Of course, the best option would be a BOM and schematics, but we know we don't get that from Fluke. Maybe someone here did a reverse engineering? ::)

Offline tfmTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Fluke 707 repair - information request
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024, 01:47:41 am »
Guys, I know this is not a super common equipment, but no one has a working Fluke 707?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf