Author Topic: M328LCD Transistor Tester from Ebay not working as expected.. or at all  (Read 642 times)

Offline applicanonTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello!  So I ordered one of these units which claim to be able to give the pinouts for many different types of devices as well measure resistance, transistor gain, capacitance etc.  Anyways, the one I ordered was a solder it up yourself type project which I did so with relative ease.  This was not by any stretch of the imagination my first project of the sort, so I was dissapointed upon powering it up when it did not function as expected.

The potentiometer / push button combo switch does not do anything except make the LED flash on and off when pressed.  The first menu shows up on the screen, but you cannot switch between options.  it automatically goes to the next screen which displays some information about the component connected to the test ports, but this information very quickly goes off screen and is replaced by a screen which says Timeout! then goes to a blank screen.

Also to note: the kit seems to have come with an extra capacitor which I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is supposed to go if it is supposed to be a part of the circuit at all.  Please watch the youtube video showing the device in action and let me know what I should do as far as getting this thing to work!  Thanks guys!
This is a link to youtube video:

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: M328LCD Transistor Tester from Ebay not working as expected.. or at all
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:51:45 pm »
There could be something wrong with the circuit around the rotary encoder/push button. The additional film cap is meant to be used for self-adjustment. Please see https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-documentation/blob/main/pdftex/english/ttester.pdf for the original documentation of the OSHW transistortester.

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
Re: M328LCD Transistor Tester from Ebay not working as expected.. or at all
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 09:11:37 pm »
The extra part is used when calibrating the unit.  However there seems to be something wrong with yours and you probably should return it for credit or replacement.

I have a similar unit that has been working great for years.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf