Author Topic: VSA E4406A need schematics, its dead  (Read 1457 times)

Offline lasvegasTopic starter

VSA E4406A need schematics, its dead
« on: August 12, 2020, 09:29:16 pm »
Hi
I have a E4406A SA but it won't power on at all.
I found a schematic for the fan card here https://community.keysight.com/thread/21575
but I can't find a schematic for the A6 power supply.
So far it appears the power supply is dead.

Offline lasvegasTopic starter

Re: VSA E4406A need schematics, its dead
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 09:52:11 pm »
Note, I pulled the cards and supply still dead as per the service manual.
https://www.keysight.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/E4406-90178.pdf

but need the CLIP (schematics part list) for the power supply
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:53:48 pm by lasvegas »

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 02:20:12 am »
Just coming back to this because the OP posted on the HP groups.io forum and someone there had the PS & Fan Controller CLIPs.

Just in case someone else goes looking for this info.

https://groups.io/g/HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment/topic/76172489

TonyG

Offline ik8tng

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 05:06:03 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm referring to this post, the only one I've found, to ask and perhaps share my experiences, I'll get to the point. The instrument in question, E4406A, turns on abnormally. The first startup was successful but disconnecting one or more cards, RF IF SINCH. I replaced the two 100k resistors on the fan board, thanks to a suggestion from the forum. Before replacing the resistors, I saw two red LEDs light up on the fan board. After installing the two new resistors, the red LEDs remain off. I have checked all the output capacitors of the power supply, ALL GOOD. WHAT HAPPENS: IF I TRY TO TURN ON THE INSTRUMENT without the RF IF and SINCH cards, it turns on and after a while, about 5 seconds, the screen remains white without booting.
However, if I try to turn it on, by turning on I mean pressing the button on the front, the instrument DOES NOT start, the fans do not start and the green LED on the front indicates an attempt to turn it on but it does not start. Same behavior as the 4 LEDs located behind on the motherboard.
I soldered a series of thin wires onto the power supply outputs and measured the voltages. Voltages present, at least the main ones, and only if I turn it on WITHOUT the cards. I have no idea if it's possible to test the power supply off-site, but I did it anyway. I find the fixed voltage of 15 volts on pin 1 and the remaining voltages are in fact intermittent. maybe without load it will be normal? Who knows more? Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf