Author Topic: Repairing panel volt-amp meter  (Read 3817 times)

Offline soldarTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Repairing panel volt-amp meter
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 03:44:09 pm »
I seem to remember it is a regular blue LED totally separate from the PCBs. I do not think it will be difficult to troubleshoot. In any case, the main thing is the reading. I can always hang a flashlight by the panel meter.  ;)

I measured the voltage across the 1K resistor and LED and they seem correct: Total 9.75V, Resistor 7,00V, LED 2.75V. (The 1K resistor in my PCB is marked as "R12"). That is 7mA going through.

I connected a second power supply to add some current and even with something like 35 mA it is still nowhere near the brightness of the other unit.  I guess the LED might be marginal.

I think I might just leave it as it is and use it somewhere where backlight illumination is not that important.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:04:06 pm by soldar »
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
Re: Repairing panel volt-amp meter
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 06:12:06 pm »
i actually dont like these meters, i prefer the similar ones with led displays - i prefer the oldskool look.  ^-^

like these!!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Digital-Voltmeter-Ammeter-22mm-AC-20-380V-0-100A-Amp-Volt-Voltage-Tester-Meter-Dual/32905549312.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf