Author Topic: Eico 430 Oscilloscope Dual Concentric Knobs  (Read 167 times)

Offline W3KWTopic starter

• Contributor
Eico 430 Oscilloscope Dual Concentric Knobs
« on: August 24, 2024, 05:49:48 pm »
I have a working Eico 430 and the k lbs were replaced at some point. The issue is they were not sized correctly so one doesn’t work and is now missing. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement? I’ve been looking everywhere and even considered buying a used one to steal the knobs. (Not ideal)

I don’t want guitar knobs, and they won’t work anyway. The bottom knob has to be thin, as there is only about 3/8” of brass for the set screw to grab. I don’t need original, just knobs that mount and operate properly, and a cool look would be a plus.

Thanks,

Wes

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
Re: Eico 430 Oscilloscope Dual Concentric Knobs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2024, 06:38:58 pm »
Probably a 1/4" large shaft with a 1/8" internal small shaft. These knobs are very common. Look on Ebay, you'll probably find several that fit your needs. Knobs of all sorts are common at ham radio hamfests. I have a cigar box filled to the top with surplus knobs. Look on Ebay by your scope model number and you may find just the knobs. try searching 'oscilloscope knobs' and I'll bet you find something!!
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf