Author Topic: I need Help Identifying an electronic component  (Read 635 times)

Offline adwdlhTopic starter

I need Help Identifying an electronic component
« on: May 16, 2020, 01:03:19 pm »
I am a newbie. I am trying to fix a front loader washing machine with an error code F22. I took the latch apart to try to test and fix it. I think the part is called (Actuator / Solenoid) has a number on the side 1809 1. It locks and unlocks the door.  I have some questions about the part.

1) Where would I find a spec sheet on the part?

2) How many volts and amps do you need to make the part work?

3) Do I have the pins labeled correctly starting right to left
Pin 1: Piston out
Pin 2: Ground?
Pin 3: Piston In

4) How would I go about testing the part with a Multi Meter?

5) If the part is defective where would I find an equivalent part on digikey or similar website.

I would like to test the part and find a replacement if needed. I also took apart the CCU. One of the capacitors looks bad. I am not sure if it is the latch or the CCU.

Notes:

Maytag

Model mhwe300vf00

Error Code F22

Model Number
MHWE300VF00
Brand
Maytag
Hi, read thread about error code f22. Replaced latch. Machine started and did 3/4 of a load and gave error code f22 again. Where should I start next? I've read some about a CCU...location? Thank you for any help.

F22

DOOR LOCK ERROR

A Door Lock Error occurs if the door cannot be locked. It will try
to lock it six times before displaying the error code.

Possible Causes/Procedure

Door lock mechanism is broken or removed from door.

Door switch/lock unit failure.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check door switch/lock unit.
3. Check the wire harness connections to the door switch/lock unit and Central Control Unit (CCU).

Ok, since you already replaced the door latch lock switch assembly part#WPW10253483, You will want to check the wire harness connections to the door latch lock switch assembly and CCU to make sure that they are not broken or detached. Make sure the connector internal pins are visible.

FOR YOUR CCU: Take the top panel off, should be 3 screws on the back of the top panel. Then look at your CCU, and remove the wire connections from it and inspect the wiring in the connectors to make sure non of the pins are broken or burned. Then reset all the connectors back to the CCU and see if that fixes it, if not then your CCU would need to be replaced.

Do the same check for the door latch lock assembly wire harness as well.

Here's the CCU for your model you can order here:
Whirlpool WPW10157481 Cntrl-Elec

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
Re: I need Help Identifying an electronic component
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 01:16:39 pm »
One thing to check is the vertical green capacitor in the middle right on the photo of the circuit board. I'm not sure but it looks like the top is bulging which would be a bad sign. It could be bad. 

Offline telectric

• Contributor
Re: I need Help Identifying an electronic component
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:38:57 am »
Try: https://www.repairclinic.com/ for replacement parts here in the USA.  But I would follow AuthurDents advise about the capacitor first.  Even if it's not the problem it will become one soon.

Regards, Tracy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:40:28 am by telectric »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf