Author Topic: ANENG AN8008 noisy and offset readings  (Read 215 times)

Offline LilJohn2Topic starter

ANENG AN8008 noisy and offset readings
« on: June 28, 2024, 06:45:34 am »
Hello, I have an ANENG AN8008 that started to misbehave. The voltage measurement is all over the place when the leads aren't connected to anything, but when I join them, the readings jump between 0 and 300mV every second.
When I'm measuring eg. 12V battery I get some reading offset. 12V on battery shows as 13V something, and when I flip the leads I get -10V something.
I tried resoldering SMD components but it didn't help. Capacitors looks alright, no discoloration, no cracks. It wasn't abused or modded in any way. Should I change all the caps on the board?

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: ANENG AN8008 noisy and offset readings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 11:25:51 am »
It is unlikely that the capacitors are bad - the AN8008 is not that long available for the caps to go bad. With low power the capacitors don't even get warm from the power losses.
A first point to check is the battery. Otherwise a repair is likely not worth it, if a careful visual inspection does not show a problem. A bad solder join is the main candidate for a failure.

Offline jzx

• Contributor
Re: ANENG AN8008 noisy and offset readings
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 01:44:27 pm »
Clean also the conmutator contacts, sometimes the grease gets into the contacts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf