Author Topic: Using IRS2186 mosfet driver for Synchronous boost application  (Read 3470 times)

Offline pmadithyaTopic starter

Using IRS2186 mosfet driver for Synchronous boost application
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:32:12 am »
Hello I'm using IRS2186 mosfet driver soic-8 package to drive a high side and low side mosfet. Now the problem is I have made two separate designs for High side and low side drivers but both are not working separately. I have enclosed the schematic below. I will be using one of these mosfets to replace the diode usually used in Boost converter. So this mosfet will be used as a synchronous fashion. But since both the drivers are not working as of now, there are some hurdles. Can I use the same driver to switch the 2 mosfets because of the synchronous boost design.
This mosfet I have used in Synchronous boost converter is IRFZ44 and the Input voltage is from a 20W panel with specs Voc = 20V and Isc = 1.4A and Vmp = 17V and Imp = 1.18A. Also inductor value is L=47uH, Cin = Cout = 100uF. In the driver circuit , C1 = C2 = 0.1 uF, R1=R2=10 ohms,Vcc = 15V, Hin and Lin are fed with microcontroller PWM pulses of 3.3V.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf