Author Topic: Project workflows  (Read 491 times)

Offline Gibson486Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Project workflows
« on: September 03, 2019, 07:58:23 pm »
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but does anyone have know where i can find example design/ERP workflow diagrams for CAD? I remember seeing these a lot years ago, but they seemed to have gone bye bye when i search for them now.

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Project workflows
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 08:11:15 pm »
Not exactly sure what you're after... but workflow is going to be somewhat different between different software packages, and especially if you're talking all the way to manufacture, it's going to be very different along the chain with the software and hardware used and whether or not it goes through other people (like gerber review at a PCB fab vs. doing it yourself).  If you want a specific answer from the general public (forum users) you're going to at least need to specify some core software and what exactly you're trying to do (milling, part fabrication, pcb fabrication, pcb assembly, etc.).

If you want workflow within a given CAD package, a lot of the modern ones have pretty good video tutorials which usually outline the steps or at least present them in a way that logically makes sense for the task they're demonstrating, could be a starting point.

Offline Gibson486Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Project workflows
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:16:48 pm »
Just looking for a flow chart that dictates how the design process goes all the way up to gerber/OBD++ generation in terms of files for design and files for production. It is more in terms of how you store files and when it is appropriate to edit them and up-rev them. I am more interested in seeing how the set up the flow chart itself. I know all organizations do it differently...but i am just looking for eye candy that looks nice at the moment.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:20:20 pm by Gibson486 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf