Author Topic: EIA Production Date Codes  (Read 543 times)

Offline jaycobieTopic starter

• Contributor
EIA Production Date Codes
« on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:48 pm »
If anyone interested in older electronics is looking for stuff to do in these isolated times, I just wanted to highlight my EIA Code Compilation.
The EIA Production Source Codes (or EIA Production Date Codes) were used from 1946 to 2001 (and beyond) to identify, through numerical codes stamped on electronic components, transformers, speakers and more, when that item was made, and by what company.

Because the history of these codes is not compiled in any one place, and some of the company codes changed hands over the decades, I wanted to document the history as much as possible. It's also nice not to have to look for this information on scanned pages of old documents.

I've transcribed 21 separate EIA code lists (1946, 49 to 63, 65, 81, 89, 94, 95 and 2001) into a single Google Sheets spreadsheet, which anyone can access or download copies of here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P1jeVIQ9UdwlhXTDLQEDxYuShjFQZO_4tUchw5_8N9o/

I'm still missing plenty of years, so If anyone has access to physical copies of EIA Production Source Code lists from the following years, and could scan them, please send them to me (j@reverb.is).
I will transcribe them into to this public compilation for all to benefit from.

Years I'm missing:
1966 to 1980 (and all inbetween)
1982 to 1988 (and all inbetween)
1990 to 1993 (and all inbetween)
1996 to 1999 (and all inbetween)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf