Author Topic: Tesla hairpin circuit explanation?  (Read 753 times)

Simon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DejanCTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Tesla hairpin circuit explanation?
« on: Yesterday at 03:24:04 am »
Hi,

This video has nothing to do with free energy. Would just like some perspective on the impedance phenomenon shown in the first 3 minutes of this video.

https://youtu.be/tlx7tDNXYR8?si=-t0_nhXql7G38_qE

Has anyone seen anything like this? Why the difference in light color in the second experiment? Why not lighting of the 50V light bulb in the third experiment? Does not seem to be a VSWR issue here as placement of the light bulbs is not exact along the transmission line.

Just curious to hear your thoughts about explanations that take into account all of the above!

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
Re: Tesla hairpin circuit explanation?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:36:32 am »
The difference in color is simply down to if the lightbulb glows from heat (as per typical operation). Or if arcs are forming inside the lightbulb to add some blue.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:44:29 am »
For Tesla's sake - not fucking again. You were baned once and hopefully gonna be banned again

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/tesla-hairpin-circuit-curious-phenomenon
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, MK14

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:47:31 am »
thats how you extend the life of a bulb, you can raise the voltage to higher levels so it spark in there after the filament burned out. old farmers trick

you know for those bat people that just flash the lights 'to save money' when they open the closet then work in the dark. boss man got hoppin mad when he thought he saw that wheel in the electricity box move

wire up that old dynamo blaster to the remains of the light so you can get a bit of light in the dynamite closet when you gotta grab some sticks
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:53:53 am by coppercone2 »

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 04:56:11 am »
Here's what a real engineer would do. Build a replica, take measurements, construct a SPICE model, analyze its behavior.

It turns out there were some interesting details about the circuit elements that were not obvious at the outset, which needed to be included in the SPICE model before it would start to match the observations.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, MK14, Nominal Animal, Xena E

Online SteveThackery

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:56:19 am »
For Tesla's sake - not fucking again. You were baned once and hopefully gonna be banned again

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/tesla-hairpin-circuit-curious-phenomenon

OP: why are you starting a new thread on this? It's exactly the same topic as the other thread, and you got a decent number of contributions already. What's wrong - do you feel you haven't wasted people's time enough yet?

I agree with what has been said already. 1/ You seem to think that if you don't understand something, then it must be a mystery outside the scope of present-day science. 2/ You reject everyone's efforts to explain it, insisting that no, it is actually a mystery. 3/ What you really want is some personal validation for your big-eyed gullibility, your need to believe in magic, your hope that you might become inducted into a world of secret knowledge and mysterious power.

Just give us all a break, will you? There are plenty of other places far more suited to your needs than a forum hosted by Dave Jones.

The following users thanked this post: tooki, MK14, Overspeed, 0x68

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:01:55 pm »
It's sad for everyone involved.

But I think with some types of people (fortunately rare), they will just keep on creating the same or similar threads like this...
And it will just keep going around in circles and circles, not getting anywhere.

With them just rebuffing, all the good advice, this forum can have, to offer.  Them not really processing the responses, sensibly/scientifically.

Which is why, (from what little, I've seen)most/(all?) Physics forums, seem to have robust rules, which are rigidly kept to, for handling, this type of situation.

The following users thanked this post: SteveThackery

Online SteveThackery

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:21:49 pm »
I've hit the "Report" button on it, anyway.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 03:25:07 pm »
I've hit the "Report" button on it, anyway.

Their symbol (the OP), has been changed to the 'BANNED' one (which is sometimes a temporary one).  It is not necessarily obvious, until you are familiar with it (A small red exclamation mark, and a small purple unhappy face, circle, around a couple of lines below their user name).

Which doesn't surprise me, with all the trouble, around that user, and the various mentions, of them having previously banned account(s) on here.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:42:57 pm by MK14 »

Offline Xena E

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 04:16:41 pm »
And there was me hoping that the OP was just finally satisfied with the (part) explanation to their question provided in the video that IanB posted.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 04:42:06 pm »
And there was me hoping that the OP was just finally satisfied with the (part) explanation to their question provided in the video that IanB posted.

I'm not sure how many previously banned or not, accounts, that person has had on here, but I think it is more than one, or even many.

So, the likelihood of them going, "Ah, the scientific method, and doing things properly/scientifically, and no religious like beliefs, or even any magic needed".  "Great, I will leave your really nice forum, alone now".

Is not that likely to have occurred, going by past experience.

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 07:43:48 pm »
Here's what a real engineer would do. Build a replica, take measurements, construct a SPICE model, analyze its behavior.
This, exactly!  🤗  🤝

It is also exactly what any scientists would do, being a perfect example of applying the scientific method.

It is also exactly what a software developer would do, when encountering any unexpected effects or problems: determine the exact situation (inputs, state, outputs) where it happens, and optimally simplify it to a minimal reproducible example, then dissect it to understand how.

Laypeople sometimes think that the problem in science and academia is a big conspiracy, rejecting ideas they don't like, like say Nikola Tesla's research.  It is not that at all!  (With our current understanding we can replicate Tesla's experiments, and analyse them, and show what and how is happening; problem is, it is not always what Nikola Tesla claimed, especially when it involves transfer or transformation of energy in various electromagnetic forms –– exactly those claims those looking for free energy and such are hoping would be true.)

When we talk about failures and problems in science and academia, it really is that the simple steps IanB described is just not done often enough, nor rigorously enough.  On one hand, it is the replication crisis: when others replicate the research, they get different results.  It means the actual phenomena was not completely and/or correcly described.  Like showing a wheel perpetually turning, but neglecting to mention the motor inside the hub connected to a battery.  On the other hand, it is the social and human aspects of current scientific discourse: in the past, top scientists have often had not too good social skills and weren't very good at marketing themselves, but today, such people have no room in academia.  Furthermore, it is very difficult to get funding for something others are not researching yet, so most contend themselves to researching the same things everyone else is researching already, wasting resources, and turning away from the scientific method, into an exercise in rapid publishing and creative writing.  Really.  The rise of authoritarian thinking –– considering who is saying more than what is being said –– means tenured leaders easily unwittingly create a social atmosphere where disagreement is cause for dismissal, as critical discussion of ideas one might not actually espouse is gauche/unacceptable/evil.  Basically, we've dropped the ball on the steps IanB listed.

And yet, doing science/engineering exactly like this is possible for absolutely everyone, and it is rewarding in of itself: understanding things, and helping others undestand things, gives most humans a huge dopamine boost.  All it takes is a bit of self-control, and a lot of effort, but most find it fun, too.

Apologies for the wall-of-text post, but this and the related topics in recent times has weighed heavily on my soul.  I love oddball experiments and research (like putting grapes in a microwave), and talking about them in scientific and engineering circles, but somehow when I try, they tend to devolve into unscientific social games and point-scoring (which drives me away instantly).

Finding IanB putting the entire thing in a single sentence, accompanied with a really good example video (made by Fred B's Tech Channel on Youtube), just made my day.  No, week.  No, MONTH.  :-+

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 08:05:59 pm »
I'm not sure how many previously banned or not, accounts, that person has had on here, but I think it is more than one, or even many.

At least DejanC, Dejan567 and Deco56 seem to be the same person -- sharing the same Tesla fetish and writing style, plus overlapping usernames. All these accounts are now banned.

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 09:21:00 pm »
The guy that banned that f*****g fetishist deserves to be awarded the ears and the tail of the troll, I think.

The only complain I could make is it took too much time to do so. I think we all knew it was going to happen... then why let that troll do his thing? I for one would greatly appreciate if those varmints would be exterminated before their post count reaches 20.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf