Author Topic: Software & tips for Rigol DS2072 ( DS2000 / DS4000 / DS6000 UltraVision DSOs )  (Read 380931 times)

Offline viki2000

• Contributor
OK, the problem is solved.
I used the DLL File Fixer (http://www.dll-files.com/fixer), which more or less is a Registry Optimizer, but did a good job this time.
Then has a section with Register DLL, letting you search the dll file that you need on their website and then install it on your machine.
Did that, restart the PC and no more problems.
RUU works fine, as well as UltraSigma.

Offline viki2000

• Contributor
One more thing.
I requested the firmware update to RIGOL.
They sent me the.GEL file.
For who is interested I can provide that file. It has around 8.8MB.
It updated the DS4034 to the software version 00.02.01
The .GEL file has the last modified date seen in windows explorer as 30.11.2013

Offline marmadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
It updated the DS4034 to the software version 00.02.01
The .GEL file has the last modified date seen in windows explorer as 30.11.2013
@viki2000: If you're interested in hacks for the DS4000 (500MHz BW, free options, etc), I suggest you check out this post.

Offline viki2000

• Contributor
Thank you for information.
In the pdf file with codes and options I see reference to "The Key codes can be generated using the Key Generating Software that has been published by others. eg. RiGen, riglol etc. Using these option codes."

Where do I find these " RiGen, riglol etc."?
On the forum I could not find them.

Searching the net I came to next link with similar info:
http://gotroot.ca/rigol/

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Thank you for information.
In the pdf file with codes and options I see reference to "The Key codes can be generated using the Key Generating Software that has been published by others. eg. RiGen, riglol etc. Using these option codes."

Where do I find these " RiGen, riglol etc."?
On the forum I could not find them.

Searching the net I came to next link with similar info:
http://gotroot.ca/rigol/
Yes, that's one of the sources. They aren't hosted on the forum.

Offline fefer

Hi guys,

I would be interesting to know if anyone already could read the entire waveform data in raw mode (in tis case 12Msamples in each of Ch1 and Ch2) just by one request?
I already tested, and the maximum I could get is 589794 samples by each request. So to read all I have to change the START and the STOP points of the waveform until the maximum.

By the way, the software development RUU is stoped?
Thank you!

Edit: I'm talking about model DS1000Z...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:33:16 pm by fefer »

Offline viki2000

• Contributor
Hi,
I have succeeded to make RUU running.
But my main problem was the ntdll.dll error, which came back, and UtraSigma crashes.
I have tried few days everything that crossed to my mind with no luck.
By chance I think I found the problem.
I am curios to know if somebody else experienced similar errors.
The oscilloscope Rigol is connected to PC with USB cable.
I have other devices connected to the same PC with USB cables.
One of them is PICKit 3 programmer from Microchip.
When I plug in the PiCKit 3 from Microchip and I start and try to use UtraSigma, then I get that ntdll.dll error.
It is a conflict in allocation the USB resources between these devices, somehow reflected in ntdll.dll
The solution seems to avoid usage and connection in the same time of the Rigol oscilloscope+UtraSigma and PICKit 3 to be connected to the PC.

And I unlocked all the functions using "riglol-20140717.zip".
RUU works fine, but I did not try all its functions. For me, for the moment, it is enough screen capture, which can be done also from UtraSigma. I have to play more with record frames, but I did/do not use the record functions up to know on oscilloscope as it was not needed.
Maybe later the transfer of the waveforms will be good tool and help.
Analyzing the waveform in PC with a more complex software is better. I think DaDiSP is one of them.
I think, even decoding can be done like that.
The Power Analyzer software worked in trail mode. I guess there is no full free, eventually equivalent, version.
Again, additional offline software may be used to analyze the waveform from harmonics point of view, but a real time one would be better.

Offline msraya

• Supporter
  • EA7EE
Hi!

I wish to ask to the author of this great utility if He plans to make it work with the MSO1000Z versions of RIGOL oscilloscopes.

I got a MSO1074-S and I want to use this software in the two channels portion of the Scope at best. To use generator and LA will need a total redesign of the software I think..

I it possible to make minor modifications in the software to enable a compatible mode?  :-//

Thank You and Regards
Manuel
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:28:03 pm by msraya »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
I it possible to make minor modifications in the software to enable a compatible mode?  :-//

Hi Manuel - Yeah, I currently have a borrowed MSO1074Z, and will try to get RUU working with it before I return the scope.

Mark

Offline msraya

• Supporter
  • EA7EE
Mark:

Thank You for your quick answer.
I will keep tune the forum to await new version.  :-+

Manuel

Offline pa3bca

• Regular Contributor
I am curios to know if somebody else experienced similar errors.
<snip>
When I plug in the PiCKit 3 from Microchip and I start and try to use UtraSigma, then I get that ntdll.dll error.
It is a conflict in allocation the USB resources between these devices, somehow reflected in ntdll.dll
The solution seems to avoid usage and connection in the same time of the Rigol oscilloscope+UtraSigma and PICKit 3 to be connected to the PC.
Bingo! I have (had!) the same issues with ultrasigma. Often - but not always I had to start it several times before I could use it (same ntdll.dll error). Sometimes starting it in some compatibility mode helped (it seemed). I have a Pickit 3, but not always connected.. but never noticed the relation. I just tried it several times with and without the pickit attached. failed and worked every time.
Starting Ultrasigma and then (re)connect the pickit 3 works ok. This stuff runs on a server that is on 24 hours so now I just keep Ultrasigma running continuously...
Thanks, this helps.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:57:42 pm by pa3bca »

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Just tried to get this working on my DS1054Z for the review, but unfortunately no joy. It did work briefly but then locked up.

Offline pa3bca

• Regular Contributor
Just tried to get this working on my DS1054Z for the review, but unfortunately no joy. It did work briefly but then locked up.
Well you're not missing out on anything important. The only time(s) I use the software was (once) as an easy way to send some "magic" commands to my Rigol devices (ehm, get private keys and send unlock codes..) and every now and then when I want to take a screenshot from my DSA815 TG when I am too lazy to insert a USB stick.
For screenshots (and more) from my DS2072A I of course use Marmad's excellent RUU utility.

The NI-VISA drivers are all that's important, and they work ok (for RUU and Matlab etc)

Offline pa3bca

• Regular Contributor
As Marmad has stated on the previous page , He has an MSO1074Z and is updating RUU for the MSO which will probably also connect to the DS1000z.   
Dave's Comment was likely a push to Mark to complete the upDate  ;D
Yes i'd like that too! Also for some reason Ultrasigma cannot create a screenshot of my 1074, so I have to use a memorystick..

Online MarkF

• Super Contributor
I have a DS1074Z running firmware version 4.1.SP2 and I've been trying to determine the LAN port for sending raw SCPI commands.  Rigol documentation doesn't disclose the ports that they use.  I finally determined that my scope accepts SCPI commands on ports 5555 and 5566.  Does anyone know the intended use for these ports?

Offline SimonD

• Regular Contributor
Hello Mark,

Any progress with V3 and DS1000Z ? Lot of people waiting ....  :-+

Thank you very much !

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Hello Mark,

Thank you very much !

I'm working on it now (finally have a DS1000Z series to test with) and I'm making progress. I'll post here when there's a new version.

Offline SimonD

• Regular Contributor
Great News !!!!    :clap:

Offline leppie

• Frequent Contributor
Hello Mark,

Thank you very much !

I'm working on it now (finally have a DS1000Z series to test with) and I'm making progress. I'll post here when there's a new version.

Any plans to open the source? I see it is .NET based, and would like to contribute if possible.

Offline poundy

• Contributor
Santa came with a DS1074z under his arm; does the current v3 alpha work against the 1000z series ?

Offline Andycap

Has progress with this stopped for the 1000z ?  Looks like it could be a great tool.

Offline Rigby

• Super Contributor
  • Learning, very new at this. Righteous Asshole, too
It is progressing, surely.  Marmad is a known-good quantity in this.  Real life comes around and slows us all down all the time.

Offline drewkeller

For anyone following this thread... it's a bit ambiguous whether the beta is working for the DS1000Z series (the top post modified in May indicates it supports it, but more recent posts here say it's not working). To summarize, the 'live' view of the scope appears to be working, but not controlling the scope from the PC.

I recently purchased a DS1054Z and tried out the beta posted here. After extracting, I noticed the file is RUU_3_a06.exe (modified May 13, 2014) instead of a05 as the first post indicates.

I'm able to connect to my scope and get a 'real-time' view of it on my computer. I don't seem to have a way to control the scope from the PC, though. But that is definitely an improvement of my old method of USB video camera shakily pointed at a scope and try to avoid glare :/

I started by downloading and installing the NI IVI (280MB) as Rigol's website states should be done. I'm not sure that's really necessary, because it appears that Ultra Sigma also contains the IVI driver (plus lots of other stuff... 500MB+, youch). So it took me maybe an hour and a half to download and install these pieces and figure out what I was supposed to do.

I also ran across RigolBildschirmkopie (google it and translate the website from German--you will definitely need to read how to install the WinUSB driver), which is much lighter resource wise, but it only displays a screenshot when you press the screenshot button (not live).

Offline Trev4G

Having just pensioned off my old DS1022CD in favour of a MSO4014 I was looking forward to see what improvements Rigol had made over the old UltraScope. I am still in shock >:( . However, having found RUU I now see hope.

Looking at the two downloads I found I have tried them both over LAN.

RUU 2.03 seems to work but of course only 2 channels display. There is no display of vertical or timebase settings and the channels display 0.5div lower than they should.

RUU 3.00.a06 reports that the DSO is not supported in this version.

RUU looks like it should offer me what I need but clearly not there yet. What is the state of development?

Offline cubitus

• Regular Contributor
RIGOL DM3068, DG4062, DP832A MSO4014
FLIR E4 SSA3021X Plus

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf