Author Topic: Small Oven, for 2x LT1236, (Python Reference) No1  (Read 33060 times)

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
Re: Small Oven, for 2x LT1236, (Python Reference) No1
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 03:44:08 pm »
Very nice! Impressive that you got such a small reaction to outside temperature.

Perhaps it is even possible to create 2 planes on either side and connect them through some via's and use that is a heater?
Using PCBs as heaters is done (seen it in 3D printers), but the problem is that they have very low resistances - as such you need a low voltage with a lot of current.

Stupid question: Why not add the styrofoam insulation inside the metal enclosure? If one wants to have more "thermal mass", just place a smaller metal enclosure inside the insulated enclosure?
I'd say it would be better to put the metal enclosure into an insolation - that way you get a good thermal connection to the heated device and a lousy thermal connection to the outside.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline Alex Nikitin

• Super Contributor
  • Femtoampnut and Tapehead.
    • A.N.T. Audio
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »
together with a A=2 LTC2057 amplifier with LT5400 as gain setting resistor. Sure, longterm stability would be worse the frist 2000h, but after it has aged, well...???

You can get a pretty decent x2 precision amplifier using one INA133 inside the enclosure.

Cheers

Alex

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 03:58:09 pm »
Stupid question: Why not add the styrofoam insulation inside the metal enclosure? If one wants to have more "thermal mass", just place a smaller metal enclosure inside the insulated enclosure?
I'd say it would be better to put the metal enclosure into an insolation - that way you get a good thermal connection to the heated device and a lousy thermal connection to the outside.

Total brainfart from my side |O I thought placing the heating transistors with a heat sink inside the insulated metallic enclosure would give some benefit. Like you said, insulating the heated enclosure is the Solution.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:00:07 pm by Kalvin »

Offline branadic

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 11:10:30 am »
Any news or results on that experiment?

-branadic-
Computers exist to solve problems that we wouldn't have without them. AI exists to answer questions, we wouldn't ask without it.

Offline branadic

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2021, 08:03:12 pm »
I finally managed to power up LT1236LS8 assembled on a PI flex pcb, attached with a thermal adhesive pad to a QH40A crystal heater. The assembly is insulated and inside a glass flask. I still have a bunch of those flex boards left, so if someone is interested in let me know. Can ship them via a letter if you pay for the shipment.

-branadic-
Computers exist to solve problems that we wouldn't have without them. AI exists to answer questions, we wouldn't ask without it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf