Author Topic: Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number for a development board?  (Read 803 times)

Online globoyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number for a development board?
« on: November 04, 2022, 04:10:46 am »
Does anyone have experience importing development boards and know what number(s) to use (in my case China->USA)?  Specifically a board with an ESP32 and Silicon Labs micro-controller as well as a small LCD display (a PCB assembly).

I've been through chapters 84 and 85 as well as searching online and it seems that people claim different numbers for things like Arduinos.  I think a good fit might be 8473.30.11.80 referring back to 8471 since 8473 refers to parts and 8471 refers to complete machines.  I noticed Intel used this number with their (now obsolete) Edison board.

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
Re: Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number for a development board?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 06:43:04 am »
vendor is responsible to fill out custom forms, ask vendor

j
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 06:51:36 am »
vendor is responsible to fill out custom forms, ask vendor
Cross border shipping is the trigger for this, like say selling second hand, seller/vendor might not care about international sales due to this sort of extra work. Some delivery services actively hide this information from the recipient just to make it that little bit more annoying (cant even refer to the original package).

When I want a quick answer, look up a same/similar part on Digikey. They have the HS code right there in the data.

The following users thanked this post: globoy

Online globoyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 03:14:16 pm »
Thanks for that idea.  I found an Espressif dev board that Digi-Key listed as 8471.50.0150 which also makes sense.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf