Author Topic: National Instruments NOOB question  (Read 378 times)

Offline CicadaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
National Instruments NOOB question
« on: April 11, 2024, 09:05:55 am »
Hi
I have a cRIO-9151 IO expander from NI in a system. The modules installed are NI 9402

I need to debug this system to see if the power is supplied to the modules from the IO expander. The system is not that accessible so the only option I have to do so is to plug one of the modules out and plug an old VGA cable in on the connector shown in the picture attached. I can then measure voltages on the other side of the cable.

To do so I need the pin out of this connector. I can't seem to find the pin out for this connector anywhere. Not in the manuals of any of the equipment or during google searches. Is this pin out made public? Can someone point me to it?

Thanks
Cicada

Offline davegravy

• Regular Contributor
Re: National Instruments NOOB question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 11:11:09 am »
At the very least it used to be publicly posted. I dabbled in developing my own C-series module around 10 years ago and think I remember having this. There were a bunch of hardware developer resources including standard PCB dimensions and interior chassis dimensions/clearances, and I suspect the pinout details were together with these resources.

This was at a former employer, so apologies that I don't have this handy. 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 11:12:44 am by davegravy »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 02:02:19 pm »
At the very least it used to be publicly posted. I dabbled in developing my own C-series module around 10 years ago and think I remember having this. There were a bunch of hardware developer resources including standard PCB dimensions and interior chassis dimensions/clearances, and I suspect the pinout details were together with these resources.

Really? That is interesting. So NI publish enough information for you to build your own custom modules.
Is that true?
That could be really interesting.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 02:05:05 pm »
Found the pin out, sort off. See attached.

Offline davegravy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 02:09:05 pm »

Really? That is interesting. So NI publish enough information for you to build your own custom modules.
Is that true?
That could be really interesting.

They do. There's many 3rd party c-series modules you can buy.

I recall NI sells blank modules with just the cutout for the backplane connector in it so you can fit your own prototype PCBs into it. You just have to machine the front of the module.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf