Author Topic: SI4732 vcc cap value  (Read 636 times)

Offline m3vuvTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
SI4732 vcc cap value
« on: February 04, 2022, 01:54:33 pm »
hi all,i was desoldering the main on off switch on my SI4732 based receiver,i was using a hot air station to remove it,problem was it has 2x chip capacitors between the battery main + and ground,they are too small for me to solder back on the board,am i right in thinking its just a bypass cap for the ldo? so say a 330nf should do the trick ?,tia.

Offline Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: SI4732 vcc cap value
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 02:45:39 pm »
A cap from supply to ground should be a decoupling cap and not sensitive to the exact value. So one may not see much difference between some 10 nF and  10 µF. If too small to solder, I would expect them to more like the smaller capacitance ones, like 100 nF or maybe less.

Offline m3vuvTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: SI4732 vcc cap value
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 11:50:15 pm »
Well i upgraded the firmware on this from ver 1.1.5 (original fw) to ver 3.7.xx,i found the encoder missed lots of steps,so thinking it was faulty took it apart to clean and check it,it looked totaly faultless !,im thinking of having a rotary switch and a center off toggle non latching switch,idea beeing rotate the rotary switch to select the function to change then once selected push the toggle switch one way for up and one way for down,has anyone had fw issues after upgrading ?.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf