Author Topic: Rosewill RCX-Z200 fan voltage  (Read 766 times)

Offline dgminalaTopic starter

• Contributor
Rosewill RCX-Z200 fan voltage
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:41:43 pm »
I have a project needing a good amount of cooling/heating.  A small environmental chamber for determining the temperature characteristics of various types of components (voltage reference diodes & ICs, resistors, capacitors, etc.).  I have an idea for a couple of Peltier modules that can be controlled to heat or cool the chamber to specific temperatures (and accurately measured).  I have a friend who has a couple unused Rosewill RCX-Z200 CPU coolers that look up to the task.

I haven't been able to find any documentation that specifies the fan voltage for that module.  Can someone help with that bit of info? 

Thanks!!
Dave M 

Offline grifftech

• Frequent Contributor
    • youtube channel
Re: Rosewill RCX-Z200 fan voltage
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 07:19:10 pm »
most CPU coolers use 12volts

Offline dgminalaTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Rosewill RCX-Z200 fan voltage
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »
I have a project needing a good amount of cooling/heating.  A small environmental chamber for determining the temperature characteristics of various types of components (voltage reference diodes & ICs, resistors, capacitors, etc.).  I have an idea for a couple of Peltier modules that can be controlled to heat or cool the chamber to specific temperatures (and accurately measured).  I have a friend who has a couple unused Rosewill RCX-Z200 CPU coolers that look up to the task.

I haven't been able to find any documentation that specifies the fan voltage for that module.  Can someone help with that bit of info? 

Thanks!!
Dave M 
most CPU coolers use 12volts

Thanks for that.  I suspected that would be the case, but not sure.  Was hoping it would be a 5V fan, since I already have a 5V source for my project, but a small 12V source won't add a lot to the size of the PCB.

Thanks!!!
Dave M

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf