Author Topic: Reusing a 2560x1440 Touchscreen Display With Two eDP Connectors  (Read 140 times)

Offline randompersonTopic starter

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question, but here goes...

Someone recently gave me a touchscreen OLED display (model number: Samsung ATNA40JU01_MFPC Rev 1.0), probably from a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga, but I don't have the original laptop, so I don't know exactly which laptop it's from. I wanted to see if I could get an adapter to use it as an external display, but there appear to be two 40-pin eDP connectors on it (see attached images). According to https://hackaday.io/project/179868-all-about-laptop-display-reuse/log/209701-common-edp-laptop-panel-pinouts, 40-pin connectors can mean either a higher resolution than 1080p or at most 1080p+touch (although I did see other displays that appear to have a higher resolution+touch, but only a single connection - is that maybe possible in newer versions of the eDP protocol?).

My theory was that this particular display is split into two parts that are each controlled by a regular eDP connection with touch (two eDP lanes+touch, as shown in the Hackaday article). I really don't have any experience with this, though, so I wanted to ask if anyone else here knows more. I tried to search online for this display and generally displays with two connectors, but I couldn't find any more useful information.

One more note: I don't really need this display, I have plenty of other laptop displays I could use if I needed them. I really just want to figure out what's going on because I'm too invested now...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf