Author Topic: My Advanced Realistic Humanoid Robots Project  (Read 9402 times)

Qcraft123 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: My Advanced Realistic Humanoid Robots Project
« Reply #75 on: Yesterday at 01:09:15 am »
Can you invest some of your time into developing your drawing skills. So far all drawings you've posted look ridiculous, as if they were made by a 3 year old. I can't even imagine how one can post such so badly made stuff.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: shabaz, xrunner, wobbly

Offline artbyrobotTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • www.artbyrobot.com
« Reply #76 on: Yesterday at 01:47:36 am »
@Bud

You say "Can you invest some of your time into developing your drawing skills. So far all drawings you've posted look ridiculous, as if they were made by a 3 year old. I can't even imagine how one can post such so badly made stuff." --- I disagree.  I think my drawings illustrate my ideas very well and make my plans very clear for all.  I am not posting them as polished works of art but only visual notes like on a whiteboard. Your comment is the equivalent of telling a football coach that his x's and o's on a scheme of a play are not up to par because they should be drawn in 3d letters with drop shadows and highlights and worthy of being put in an art museum.  It is completely ridiculous and misses the point of the drawings entirely.  These are not submitted artworks, they are just plans and visual note taking.  The irony here is my drawing skills are probably top 1% in the world when I really try to draw high quality and realism.  I showcase some of my college artwork here: 

Offline wobbly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: Yesterday at 06:05:12 am »
A technical question just occurred to me...

A few weeks ago I injured my shoulder a bit, nothing major.  But now when I lift a heavy object I can feel it aching, which is my body's way of telling me to take it easy or I'll make it worse.

This requires an extremely complex central nervous system.

Will your robot (with its webcam eyes and a speaker in its mouth made of plumber's silicone) have a central nervous system?  Will it be able to tell you when its motors are overheating or when its finger has fallen off?

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:14:45 am by wobbly »

Offline SteveThackery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #78 on: Yesterday at 10:07:30 am »
You say "And specifying the functionality is what requires 99% of the work, not the coding." --- I disagree.  Not sure really what you even mean by this.  I'd say its the very opposite of what you just said here.

Maybe you don't know what coding is. Coding is writing a series of instructions for a computer in order to make that computer function in a particular way. I don't mean to imply it is trivial, and it is very demanding in terms of the required precision and unambiguity. But it isn't where the real work is. There are increasing opportunities to automate parts of it, and there is a growing ecosystem of publicly available code which can be adopted or copied wholesale.

The work, as I say, is not in the coding, it's in the design. In fact, it is also in the requirements capture (what should it do?). Do not underestimate this - an SOR (statement of requirements) for an autonomous humanoid robot would be a truly vast enterprise. Once that is done, then this vast tome needs to converted into the design specification (which describes exactly how every point in the SOR will be implemented). This is where the vast majority of the work input happens. Converting the resultant design into processor instructions is the coding bit, and the least of your challenges.

I reality you will use an iterative process without vast swathes of functions and instructions at any point, but don't be fooled: it's a good system but in the end you still have to put the work in: a machine won't do something until you have instructed it what to do and how to do it.

I think your expectations of what AI can contribute is so far from the mark it is fantasy land. HAVING SAID THAT, I truly and genuinely want to be wrong. I want you to succeed and I can't wait to see it coming together and slowly coming to life.

Offline SteveThackery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 10:37:18 am »
I'm not going to post any further on this, but I cannot leave unchallenged your assertion that the human body is "perfect".

1/ Using the same hole for breathing and eating is probably the worst mistake. It leads to a clunky design that frequently fails, allowing for the inspiration of food or water, followed quickly by death. All higher land animals suffer this defect to some extent, but it's particularly bad in humans due to us evolving the power of speech.

2/ Bad backs. The vertebral column is pretty cool when used horizontally (which is how it evolved), but as soon as we needed to stand up for long periods it came under compression, which it was never required to handle previously, and that's why 60-80% of humans suffer from back pain, and why it is a leading cause of disability.  Tell me, does God have a bad back?

3/ Back to front wiring of the retina. A very weird mistake, that one.

4/ Suction-driven respiration, which means relatively minor and survivable injuries can lead to a collapsed lung and death.

5/ Cancer. Unlike viruses and bacteria, cancer is the body killing itself, and it has no value functionally or in any other way. It is a terrible mistake - there is no need for it.

6/ Only one heart. It's a single point of failure compared with a distributed system of mini-pumps around the body.

7/ Dementia.

That's enough, although I could go on and on challenging your silly claim that the human body is perfect and cannot be improved upon

Christopher Hitchens once said that the most compelling argument against God is childhood cancer. It's a good point.

In closing, I wonder if you are motivated to build this robot because the thought of creating an intelligent being gives you an almost god-like thrill. It definitely would me! Personally I wouldn't waste a moment of time farting about with strings and pulleys, silicone, bones and joints, and other such nonsense. It is ALL in the software and by the time that's ready to go you'll be able to buy a suitable body off-the-shelf, or at least all the bits, better than you can make them.  It is ever thus.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:41:41 am by SteveThackery »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, ebastler

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 11:17:53 am »
@ebastler 

You say "what I am missing in your approach is some basic estimates on the required
-------------------big cut------------------------------

Please can you (learn to use it, if you need to) use the forums QUOTE feature.

Having a massive (somewhat almost) wall of text, with @Name, then "to mean quotes", then "..........." as a separator (apparently) inside the text, makes it rather or very, difficult to understand and follow.

Also, if you are replying to a few or several people at the same time, making separate, but much shorter posts, when doing that, would probably help as well.

Certainly, the many, many pages, inside that one post, replying to many different people in it, was too difficult (at least for me), to want to try and follow.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:20:29 am by MK14 »

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

• Regular Contributor
    • www.artbyrobot.com
« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 11:37:44 am »
@wobbly

You ask if my robot will have the ability to detect when its motors are overheating or when a finger has fallen off.  --- yes.  Well I am not sure I'll add temperature sensors on the motors but am considering doing it for motors that in testing prove to be the ones to overheat if any do - in this case I can put a temperature sensor on those and use them as early warning sign tools for the robot to respect.  If they near overheating range the robot can take breaks on whatever its doing.  Although an alternative to this approach is to simply calculate the amount of current flowing through the motor and for how long it has been flowing that way and estimate the temperature it should be at based on that.  The correlation between current flow to temperature can be charted in testing and estimated temperatures can be arrived at that way without the need for temperature sensors. 

As far as a finger falling off, the robot would immediately be able to tell this visually as he/she will often look at its hands while working for eye hand coordination reasons.  It would also know because its joint angle measuring sensors (potentiometers) would detect that the joint angles are not matching the servo rotations and so the joints are dislocated or broken somehow or the muscles have snapped in half or w/e.  So it would have immediate feedback of an issue that way. 

Note that ideally in these scenarios the robot would repair its own broken finger and need not even let me know about the issue.  It would keep inventory of parts in the house and go find what it needs to repair itself.  Or the 2nd robot can fix the first if that is easiest (since using just one hand to fix your other broken hand is not as easy as having 2 good hands to work on a broken hand).

Note:  when doing a repair using only one hand, some things would be almost impossible without a second hand assisting.  To get around this the robot can use helping hands (everyone on EEV blog knows what helping hands are) or it can use a standalone robot arm with pincher (my mom bought me one of these kits off my amazon wishlist) and that standalone robot arm plus pincher can assist the good working hand to enable it to do tasks that would normally require two hands.

@steve

You say "Maybe you don't know what coding is." --- I find this statement to be mean spirited and insincere.  I am an accomplished coder with decades of experience in many languages.  My YouTube channel is full of coding videos and I'm pretty sure this thread goes into a lot of my coding plans and progress reports so far.  I also spent nearly a decade developing AI for videogame botting which was my first introduction to AI.  I have started to build my own 3d video game engine from scratch and my own operating system from scratch.  I have TONS of hard core coding projects I've done or that I've started and am deep into all on my youtube channel. I also coded professionally on and off over the years.  But if you didn't see any of that genuinely, then this still seems far fetched to me.  I find it highly unlikely that you genuinely believe someone who has been working toward robotics of the highest level for over a decade would have absolutely zero coding experience whatsoever.  Even just tinkering with microcontrollers and briefly starting the AI you'd know very much what coding is and have some decent competency quickly.  I'm just not buying this statement by you as being sincere.  Anyways I have probably 7k+ hours coding experience in my life so far.

You say coding is writing instructions whereas design is the lions share of the work.  I don't distinguish the two so much as you have here.  That's like saying the design and plan for a research paper or essay is the hard work but typing the paper is the easy part.  Well, aside from an optional outline, a design can come together AS YOU TYPE the paper, just kind of flowing naturally in a progression as you type.  The same can be true of the code.  As I code the design presents itself.  Sure there is some planning in advance - like the outline of a paper, but the design really unfolds during the coding.  At least that is my approach and experience.  I find the two go hand in hand and happen spontaneously together.  I consider the designing process to be part of the coding process.  I don't hard define the two tasks as two entirely different things like you seem to do here.  Actually even my outline is part of the code so I even consider that outline to be coding in and of itself. 

You say hard work is involved in the requirements capture (what should it do?)." --- I basically already finished most of this on a high level and now am implementing lower and lower levels of implementation of that high level stuff it should do, breaking that down into bite-sized tasks to accomplish the high level goals.  I find implementing the high level goals is the lions share of the work.

You say "this vast tome needs to converted into the design specification (which describes exactly how every point in the SOR will be implemented)." --- not sure on any of this.  Perhaps that's something your job requires or something but I don't do any of that.  I just dream it and code it.  No documentation other than the code itself being the documentation.  Very little is planned before just jumping into the coding phase where the planning coincides with coding as one process.

Note:  I have made an AI close to 180k lines of code in the past so I know how to make a very complex and advanced AI systems.  I have experience in this.  You seem to think I have no clue on how to approach a vast AI related coding project but it's not true.

You say "I think your expectations of what AI can contribute is so far from the mark it is fantasy land." --- I disagree.  The plans I have for the AI are already well underway and going very well.  I have had numerous breakthroughs in the field which I think AI researchers will learn from if they were to take the time to follow my work.  But my coding videos get hardly any views.  That will only change if my AI blows everyone's minds when fully displayed and then at that point people will want to go back and see how it was made.  Until then everyone assumes I suck at AI apparently and don't bother to watch the coding videos.

You say "HAVING SAID THAT, I truly and genuinely want to be wrong. I want you to succeed and I can't wait to see it coming together and slowly coming to life." --- well suddenly the "hater" shows another side, a gentler and kinder side.  A non mean sentence is like a needle in a haystack in this thread so kudos on that.  I appreciate it.

You say "Using the same hole for breathing and eating is probably the worst mistake. It leads to a clunky design that frequently fails" --- I disagree.  Having a multifunctional hole is more efficient.  Also, when people are actively chewing, they have to stop talking briefly which can be a nice respite for the listener to a person who talks nonstop.  Also, I VERY rarely EVER have had issues with things going down the wrong tube.  You just have to be mindful.  Even kids figure this out fast.  It's not that hard.

You say "allowing for the inspiration of food or water, followed quickly by death." --- rarely does death ensue though.  In many cases, a little down the wrong tube is inconsequential and coughing solves it.  Heimlich maneuver also helps in rare instances where things progress seriously.

Your position that just because user error can cause harm to the user then the body is at fault is flawed.  By that logic, if I can use my legs to run off a cliff, then I just shouldn't have legs.  It's stupid.  We just have to use our bodies properly and we're good.

You say "Bad backs. The vertebral column is pretty cool when used horizontally (which is how it evolved), but as soon as we needed to stand up for long periods it came under compression, which it was never required to handle previously, and that's why 60-80% of humans suffer from back pain" --- I disagree strongly.  First, I reject your inference that we evolved from apes.  That's a darwinistic fantasy already proven false a hundred times over.  Also, the back pain is not a design issue.  Its because people injured themselves doing something improperly and now have a herniated disc or spine out of alignment etc.  User error once again.  if you keep a strong core and use good form your whole life and stay active rather than overly sedentary and use good lumbar support when you sit, back pain would not be an issue.  Back pain is the result of abusing your body and user error.  Can't blame the body's design for it.

You say "Tell me, does God have a bad back?" --- no, because he uses his back properly and did not screw it up by being dumb or lazy.

You say "Back to front wiring of the retina. --- no idea what you are talking about I'll skip.  Eyes work amazing and are a marvel so wrong again though.

You say "Suction-driven respiration, which means relatively minor and survivable injuries can lead to a collapsed lung." --- exceedingly rare user error.  I see a theme.  If one can screw it up then the design must be bad, never blame the user for doing something dumb.

You say "Cancer. Unlike viruses and bacteria, cancer is the body killing itself" --- well actually cancer is a curse from God for sin in many cases.  It is generally caused by demons given permission to slowly kill you because of unforgiveness or sin in your life.  It's part of the curses on man for sinning.  Not a design flaw but a solution to sin in the form of a punishment.  Punishments are a good thing.
Cancer is not a default design flaw of a healthy working body.  Also it can be related to toxic substances you took in foolishly or because someone else was foolish and poisoned you.  These can be factors too in addition to the spiritual ones I mentioned.  Neither has to be exclusive.

You say "Only one heart. It's a single point of failure compared with a distributed system of mini-pumps around the body." --- not an issue.  Works fine.  Lasts long.  Perfectly okay to have one heart.  No need for more.  That's not an imperfection.  Having multiple hearts would take up valuable real estate and would be an inefficient use of space.  You act like the body has plenty of room for more hearts.  That's simply not the case.  There's no room left.  Every bit has already been taken up for something else.

You say "Dementia" --- that's not a default design flaw.  Its a disease that is most likely a curse that results from sin as well.  Sin has consequences.  Exo 15:26 He said, "If you will carefully obey the LORD your God, do what is right in his eyes, listen to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, then I won't inflict on you all the diseases that I inflicted on the Egyptians, because I am the LORD your healer." --- this verse proves that many of these diseases you are listing are just punishments is most cases or consequences of people poisoning their neighbor due to greed in some cases etc.  NOT design flaws of the human body!

You say "That's enough, although I could go on and on challenging your silly claim that the human body is perfect and cannot be improved upon" --- none of the things you said were even close to challenging that the human body is perfect.  All were user error in abusing the body one way or another causing consequences.  Except the retina one which I have no clue what your issue with the wiring even is.  Works great IMO.  I can see no issue so your statement on that front doesn't even make sense to me.  No clue what you mean even.

You say "Christopher Hitchens once said" --- I disagree already.  Quoting that fool is already foolish.  I completely destroyed his arguments in a video on my channel.  He was just a complete buffoon.  He's in hell right now.  You shouldn't listen to a word he ever said.  Blind fool he was.  And a total liar and deceiver on top of being a blind fool.

You say "the most compelling argument against God is childhood cancer." --- false.  There are evil kids for one thing.  Second, demons are allowed to attack entire families regardless the age if the parents are evil.  Third, kids dying is a punishment for the parents that hits home.  Serves as a great punishment for parents as far as the profound impact.  David's son with Bathsheba was struck dead to punish David.  It hurt bad.  Sin has consequences.  If you loved your kids you would not sin against God which can cause your kids to be afflicted and killed as a result to punish you.  That's sobering.  In ZERO sense is that an argument against God.  He's not some carebear who refuses to punish anybody.  He's HARD CORE at punishing and angry with the wicked every day.  God HATES all workers of iniquity.  So do I.  I agree with God.

You say "I wonder if you are motivated to build this robot because the thought of creating an intelligent being gives you an almost god-like thrill." --- not at all.  That's blasphemous.  It is more like fan art of what God made.  A homage to Him.  In respect to Him.  Done before Him while talking with Him and considering the skill of His own hands all the while.  Praising Him for what He accomplished as I make my flimsy and unskilled fan art vaguely similar to the amazing excellence of His work.  I'm better able to appreciate what God made by emulating what He made and gaining some vague grasp of just how amazing what He made is as a result by seeing how amazing what He made is the more I study it to emulate it and the more I find I fall short of it.  I also don't consider any AI to be an intelligent being AT ALL.  It is called ARTIFICIAL intelligence for a reason.  It is not real intelligence nor a being at all.  It is just my own code emulating an intelligent being and comes across as though it were intelligent despite it not being intelligent whatsoever.  And this applies to all AI that ever was, is, or ever will be.  So nobody making AI is a God or god or w/e nor even comes close and anyone who thinks they are is a total blind fool egomaniac heading straight for hell.

You say "It is ALL in the software" --- I disagree.  Software cannot make me a sandwich or clean my room.  It is stuck on a computer unless it has a body.  Only with a body can it be useful in most of the ways I desire.  A realistic human body to put the software into is essential to having that software seem to come to life and be truly useful in the physical world in a multitude of ways.

You say "and by the time that's ready to go you'll be able to buy a suitable body off-the-shelf"--- they said this 10 years ago when I started the project.  That by THIS year I'd be able to cheaply buy a humanoid robot slave off the shelf and guess what.  NOBODY can do this.  NONE are within reach today any more than they were then.  And this can just as likely be the case 30 years from now.  Who knows.  I'm NOT banking on that.  And even if I COULD buy one off the shelf, I'm sure it would be illegal to modify it or overhaul its software with a custom AI.  Better to make my own.  Plus as I said, if ALL I AM DOING is making ONE ARM and ONE HEAD and the AI takes over from there and builds the rest of its own body, then I truly did not have to do THAT MUCH on the hardware end after all did I?  Surely a single arm and head is not THAT much on hardware side of things.  Also, even the robots that are nearing the day we can buy them commercially for our homes, look at them.  None of them look human.  I want one with a human form factor that passes for being a human.  Anything shy of that is a non-starter for me.  I INSIST on this for a million reasons.  It is WAY better.  And not many companies appear to be going for that route so it may NEVER happen in my lifetime if I don't make it happen myself.

Also I don't like the idea of sitting back and hoping and waiting I can get a humanoid in my price range that I can hack to put in my own AI.  Also if I did not know EVERYTHING about the hardware end there's no way I could take it over with my AI anyways.  So I had to learn the whole field of robotics and not just AI to be able to take over a robot I bought one day with my own software top down.  And how tragic if I made the insane awesome AI and never could get the humanoid body to put it in!  Would be such a shame and waste.  Rather just make them both together in tandem. 

@MK14

You say "wqs too difficult (at least for me), to want to try and follow." --- then you are just lazy.  Face it.  It is easy enough for a 3rd grader to follow with even one OUNCE of mild effort. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:43:31 am by artbyrobot »

Offline KerimF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #82 on: Yesterday at 11:44:37 am »
Here are my 2 cents. :(

I guess no one can deny that it is good reinventing the wheel if someone needs it and cannot get it in any way.
Also, it is good doing it for fun or to better understand the wheel.

Now, what about producing a human-like robot?

As we know, producing real humans is a non-stop process since the far past till the end of time.
Therefore, one likely supposes that the main purpose of making a human-like robot is having the ability to control it completely, as it is the case of a well-designed conventional robot.

On the other hand, thanks to the advanced technologies in many fields, millions of humans around the world can be driven rather easily to let them believe and do what they are supposed to believe and do, as planned already by some other humans.

After all, let us not forget that a real human is also preprogrammed by a set of complex instructions and algorithms (usually called instincts). In other words, a human could be also seen as a living robot whose end of service called death. But there is a very important difference between a man-made robot and a living human.

A living human (unlike robots) is also given the freedom to oppose his preprogrammed instructions (that is to oppose his natural instincts, his robotic nature). For example, a human has the freedom to oppose his instinct of survival by loving even his enemies who insist to hurt him badly or kill him. A human has the freedom to also oppose his instinct of justice by not resisting evil in any way, said legal or not. Again, a human has the freedom to oppose his instinct of superiority by being humble towards others while he has the means to defeat them all. But... by doing this (opposing his robotic nature) the material world has no choice but to hate him because he is no more of the world.

Anyway, if someone enjoys thinking how to design and produce artificially a human-like robot, it surely helps him knowing better the common and individual instincts by which a real human is preprogrammed. I guess there are, since very long ago, serious scientific studies about it, because without such studies it would be very difficult to drive/control most humans around the world, in every period of time.

As behind every great man there is a woman, behind every intelligent robot there is a great maker/programmer.

Kerim
A philosopher: A living thing has no choice but to execute its pre-programmed instructions embedded in it (known as instincts).
Therefore, the only freedom, a human may have, is his ability to oppose or not his natural robotic nature.
But, by opposing it, such a human becomes no more of this world.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: Yesterday at 11:45:24 am »
@MK14

You say "wqs too difficult (at least for me), to want to try and follow." --- then you are just lazy.  Face it.  It is easy enough for a 3rd grader to follow with even one OUNCE of mild effort.

You are in a shared forum, with perhaps thousands of different users, around the world.  Some users, don't even have English as their first language.  So, you should be respectful of the ways, that this forum, works.

It might look legible to you, and you may think your posts on here, are worth massive effort, for others to try and decipher and read.  But that is not really the case.

The following users thanked this post: shabaz, xrunner

• Regular Contributor
    • www.artbyrobot.com
« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 12:09:38 pm »

@KerimF

You say "I guess no one can deny that it is good reinventing the wheel if someone needs it and cannot get it in any way." --- by this, I assume you are inferring that creating a humanoid robot that looks like and passes for a human and is fluid in motion like a human, has a human form factor, and can do all the activities humans do as good or better than most if not all humans, is reinventing the wheel.  By this you infer this has been done.  Well it hasn't been done.  So it is not reinventing the wheel.  It is inventing the wheel for the first time.  The wheel has to already be invented for one to reinvent it.  In our case, it has not been invented. 

Now, if by reinvent the wheel you refer to slavery.  Then perhaps I am doing that to some degree.  What I really want is slaves.  Loads of slaves.  To enslave humans to do one's bidding is the wheel.  To create robots to be your slave is reinventing the slavery wheel.  But this slavery 2.0 is ethical 100%.  And so it is the ULTIMATE slavery.  100% ethical with all the benefits for the slave owner and no guilty conscience.  Sign me up!

You say "millions of humans around the world can be driven rather easily to let them believe and do what they are supposed to believe and do, as planned already by some other humans." --- so I assume you refer to social engineering or mass manipulation of the populace or w/e.  Perhaps the world's elites are doing this with some selfish aims.  Or demon hoards are behind it with the world elites as puppets aiding them.  In any case, this macro population control stuff is really outside the scope of a personal slave for your home to do all your chores for you etc.  Kind of off topic IMO.

@MK14

You say "you should be respectful of the ways, that this forum, works." --- not liking to use the quote feature is not being disrespectful IMO as you infer.  That's like saying I must click at least 3-4 emojis with every post I make because they are options when filling out the post field and using all available options is necessary to respect how the forum works.  This is ridiculous logic.

I prefer to restate what the user said briefly or even paraphrase it and then give my response separated by a few hyphens from the paraphrase or direct quote.  Quotation marks ARE direct quotes after all.  No need for a GIANT blue box that takes up too much room and would make my posts appear even larger than they already do.  I don't want all that clutter.

You say "you may think your posts on here, are worth massive effort, for others to try and decipher and read.  But that is not really the case." --- first, it does not take massive effort.  It takes extremely low effort.  Second, to the one who sees the value in my ideas and thoughts, that one will be more than happy to read my posts and the very minimal effort doing so requires.  To the one who can care less like you, you aren't really the audience because you don't care as you already admitted. 

Offline KerimF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #85 on: Yesterday at 12:39:53 pm »
You say "millions of humans around the world can be driven rather easily to let them believe and do what they are supposed to believe and do, as planned already by some other humans." --- Kind of off topic IMO.

You just try to join, in a humble way, the world's masters; by having your own slaves :)
And you can sell them to other humans who have no humans to serve them for a lower price.
A philosopher: A living thing has no choice but to execute its pre-programmed instructions embedded in it (known as instincts).
Therefore, the only freedom, a human may have, is his ability to oppose or not his natural robotic nature.

• Regular Contributor
    • www.artbyrobot.com
« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 12:50:17 pm »
@KerimF

You say "You just try to join, in a humble way, the world's masters; by having your own slaves" --- even though you added "in a humble way", I don't like the implication that I am trying to join the world's masters.  This carries the inference that I'm joining some of the most evil people on earth who orchestrate famines and wars and mass killings all in an effort to spread misery, spread evil, and make money and grow in power.  I'm not joining those hellbound sinners.  I'm a saint, that obeys God and am merely doing a fun hobby project that may one day give me a friendly helper or two or three or a dozen who will be free employees aka slaves minus any ethical concerns since they are not sentient beings but only machines. 

Offline wobbly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 01:07:41 pm »
Quote from: artbyrobot
As far as a finger falling off, the robot would immediately be able to tell this visually as he/she will often look at its hands while working...

Just like a real person then.  I've not lost a finger so far in my life, but I imagine that if it did happen, I would probably be alerted to it by all the screaming and red stuff.

You know, honestly it would be a real tragedy if you spent much of your life pursuing this doomed "passion project" of yours instead of spending time with your family and friends and enjoying this wonderful world.

Why don't you put your energy into something sane, like building a sailing boat, or developing your already impressive artistic talents*?  You obviously have strong willpower, so why not use it to help people (or animals, or the environment for that matter)?

Building a feeble automaton out of rubber and pulleys running Windows (great choice of OS by the way :palm:) helps nobody and will only mark you as a lunatic in your community as it is doing here in this forum.

*I mean that by the way, your illustrations are fantastic  :-+.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:26:42 pm by wobbly »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, MK14

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 01:16:41 pm »
running Windows (great choice of OS by the way :palm:)

Robot, I'm in the bath, please don't use the camera.

Robot, "I'm sorry, but Windows11, updated the terms and conditions, an hour ago, and all footage now belong to Microsoft".

Robot, I'm having an extreme medical emergency, and the home has caught on fire, please immediately call the emergency services.

Robot, "I would, but Windows11, has decided to perform a very minor update, so you will have to wait a few hours, before I can move again, and respond".

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #89 on: Yesterday at 01:26:34 pm »
a good exercise to know how things work and designed, esp what is claimed to be a "naturally evolved" mechanism. doing this you can have a guess how long it will take for arm and legs to develop from say a worm to salamander, i'm just guessing i dont have complete genealogy of mammals evolution. guestimating that alone could take billions or trillions of years of positive outcome by throw and shake in a bowl method... this is going to be a very very long eternal thread even if you manage to persistently work on this. i would love to see motors mechanism of arm and fingers alone i suspect that will be super bulky. let alone other complex mechanism organs like liver, kidney, eyes etc. shake in a bowl all of them altogether and expect the right combination of all those to exist in one single product by chance is a wishful thought. ymmv.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline KerimF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #90 on: Yesterday at 01:38:39 pm »
@KerimF

You say "You just try to join, in a humble way, the world's masters; by having your own slaves" --- even though you added "in a humble way", I don't like the implication that I am trying to join the world's masters.  This carries the inference that I'm joining some of the most evil people on earth who orchestrate famines and wars and mass killings all in an effort to spread misery, spread evil, and make money and grow in power.  I'm not joining those hellbound sinners.  I'm a saint, that obeys God and am merely doing a fun hobby project that may one day give me a friendly helper or two or three or a dozen who will be free employees aka slaves minus any ethical concerns since they are not sentient beings but only machines.

I am sorry for giving you the impression that you try to be evil.
For instance, I don't see the world's masters being evil. I simply see them robots who succeeded to execute, to a great extent, their instincts of superiority and selfishness (embedded already in their flesh by...). This is why, 2000 years ago, someone (who didn't commit any crime) forgave those who tortured and killed him in the name of their justice 'for they know not what they do' (as in the case of robots).

Not in vain I added:  "And you can sell them to other humans who have no humans to serve them for a lower price."
Perhaps I am wrong, but I noticed that, in many cases, the human's cost is lower than of an intelligent robot!
One may say that humans likely trust a robot more than a human servant. But, in reality, trusting a product implies that its maker can be trusted. Unfortunately, the use of even well-known new products as mobiles became risky, it may blow up by the head!

So, I can just wish you good luck.

The following users thanked this post: wobbly

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 01:46:00 pm »
  I showcase some of my college artwork here: 

The thumbnail of that video link was enough for me not to watch. People who are fascinated with human skulls -I consider them mentally ill.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline wobbly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #92 on: Yesterday at 02:53:22 pm »
People who are fascinated with human skulls -I consider them mentally ill.

That is quite possibly one of the most deranged things anyone has said in this entire thread.  And that's saying something!

The skull is a structure that protects the most delicate organ in a living creature.  It is probably the most highly optimised part of a human being for example.  The human skull is the very definition of a safety critical component.  Billions of years of intense evolution has brought us to have these amazing structures that (generally) give their owners zero problems over their entire lifetimes.

Anyone who isn't fascinated by such a structure might not fully appreciate what they have.  Imagine Neil Armstrong saying "Spacesuits are stupid" while standing on the moon.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:05:39 pm by wobbly »

The following users thanked this post: Alex Eisenhut

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #93 on: Yesterday at 03:07:39 pm »
that is also a symbol or interest in some cults. so it depends on where you are looking at. btw, less ideal structure of skull that give some problems can also survive, the question is how "nature" tend to choose or got to know what is best? ymmv.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

The following users thanked this post: wobbly

Offline ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94 on: Yesterday at 03:08:19 pm »
Holy moly, what a thread! >:D
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

The following users thanked this post: MK14, wobbly

Offline wobbly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #95 on: Yesterday at 03:16:09 pm »
less ideal structure of skull that give some problems can also survive

Yes, that is one of the lesser known aspects of evolution.  Even the least "fit" individuals have a non-zero probability of reproducing to propagate to the next generation.  It's all a matter of probability.

Genetic algorithms benefit from some level of chaos or entropy.  It keeps the gene pool varied and diverse.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: Yesterday at 04:01:17 pm »
@MK14

You say "you should be respectful of the ways, that this forum, works." --- not liking to use the quote feature is not being disrespectful IMO as you infer.  That's like saying I must click at least 3-4 emojis with every post I make because they are options when filling out the post field and using all available options is necessary to respect how the forum works.  This is ridiculous logic.

I prefer to restate what the user said briefly or even paraphrase it and then give my response separated by a few hyphens from the paraphrase or direct quote.  Quotation marks ARE direct quotes after all.  No need for a GIANT blue box that takes up too much room and would make my posts appear even larger than they already do.  I don't want all that clutter.

You say "you may think your posts on here, are worth massive effort, for others to try and decipher and read.  But that is not really the case." --- first, it does not take massive effort.  It takes extremely low effort.  Second, to the one who sees the value in my ideas and thoughts, that one will be more than happy to read my posts and the very minimal effort doing so requires.  To the one who can care less like you, you aren't really the audience because you don't care as you already admitted.

Well, I at least tried.

The following users thanked this post: shabaz, xrunner, wobbly

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
« Reply #97 on: Yesterday at 10:40:24 pm »
I know you haven't asked, but I took a peek at your channel. Here's my honest opinion which you might find useful (or not):

Coding: better don't
Electronics: not really
3D modeling: maybe
Artwork: 9/10. If you can really draw like that, please continue, you have bright future.

The following users thanked this post: shabaz, MK14

• Regular Contributor
    • www.artbyrobot.com
« Reply #98 on: Today at 04:01:33 am »

@wobbly

You say "honestly it would be a real tragedy if you spent much of your life pursuing this doomed "passion project" of yours instead of spending time with your family and friends and enjoying this wonderful world." --- I agree.  I maintain a healthy life balance of work, family/friends, and hobbies.  So there is no risk of what you say here.  If anything, in spurts, when very motivated, I dip into my tv watching time in evenings to go hard on the robot.  So all that is lost is solo time watching tv.  Not a big loss.

You say "Why don't you put your energy into something sane, like building a sailing boat, or developing your already impressive artistic talents*?" --- I do put my energies into sane stuff often.  Car flipping, house remodeling, gardening, orchard, vineyard, building various unrelated machines, building products and inventions, etc.  But none are as cool or impressive as building a robot IMO.  So I make time for the robot plus other stuff too.  Also, I'm not sure what is the upside to developing my already impressive artistic talents.  I am using those talents to make the robot look real.  But to make loads of pictures seems wasteful with it.  Nobody really cares and the pictures can't talk to you or make you a sandwhich like a moving talking robot can.  Better to put my art skills into that instead.

You say "You obviously have strong willpower, so why not use it to help people (or animals, or the environment for that matter)?" --- I do that too.  Massively.  But the Bible says to keep that quiet so that your Father who sees what you do in secret can reward you.  If you boast in your good works before man, you don't get rewarded for them.  Also, my robot project can help people by inspiring them, educating them, and growing the field in general.  For example, humanoidable.com is a great humanoid robotics website that is barely getting traffic.  It's tragic.  I want to grow the field of robotics with my exciting projects.  And that field then, if grown, can help MANY people with disabilities or seniors etc.

You say "Building a feeble automaton out of rubber and pulleys running Windows (great choice of OS by the way :palm:) helps nobody and will only mark you as a lunatic in your community as it is doing here in this forum." --- I disagree for the reasons stated above.  Also, in general, if people see you achieve the impossible and never give up, that can encourage them to go after their own dreams and that can be a great thing to pass on.  Also, people really respect the robot idea in person.  I never had people react negatively in real life when I talk about it.  They seem just really to believe I can do it in real life.  Or think its a good educational hobby.  No hate was ever gotten IRL.

@MK14

You say "Robot, I'm in the bath, please don't use the camera." --- I don't think the robot will betray me by sending images of myself unrobed to strangers.  And I'm hoping hackers won't tap into the camera system man that'd suck.

You say "Robot, "I would, but Windows11, has decided to perform a very minor update, so you will have to wait a few hours, before I can move again, and respond". --- I disable updates so that won't be an issue.  Also I plan to only use windows 7.

@Mechatrommer

You say "i would love to see motors mechanism of arm and fingers alone i suspect that will be super bulky." --- it really is super bulky.  Which is why I had to spread them out throughout the forearm, upper arm, and even into the sides and back of the robots torso just to fit it all.  Like I literally have some finger actuation motors mounted onto the sides of the spine since there were too many motors to even fit them all in the arm.

@KerimF

You say "I don't see the world's masters being evil. I simply see them robots who succeeded to execute, to a great extent, their instincts of superiority and selfishness (embedded already in their flesh by...)" --- Seeking to establish superiority and selfishness with regards to ones neighbors is evil though.  We should all strive to be humble and self-less.  Kind and generous.  Anything else is evil.  That simple.

You say "This is why, 2000 years ago, someone (who didn't commit any crime) forgave those who tortured and killed him in the name of their justice 'for they know not what they do' (as in the case of robots)." --- not really the same thing.  The killers in this case literally thought they were doing the right thing, not knowing who that man really was.  So in some way they were innocent in the matter by way of lack of knowing.

You say "Not in vain I added:  "And you can sell them to other humans who have no humans to serve them for a lower price."" --- yeah but that's really not something I'd do personally.  Too many liabilities.  And I want them for myself.  I can use them to assist me in helping the poor.  But I'd not GIVE THEM to the poor.  The poor could misuse them and become corrupt somehow.  Like you shouldn't give a loaded gun to a child. 

You say "Perhaps I am wrong, but I noticed that, in many cases, the human's cost is lower than of an intelligent robot!" --- disagree.  People cost $60k/yr to get a hard working man to help you 6 days a week 8 hours a day.  Robots will help you 24/7 and can be used for decades for a cost like $300k so they are cheaper in the long run than human help.  And that is a high end price.  Some may be cheaper not sure.  They aren't really for sale yet usually.

You say "One may say that humans likely trust a robot more than a human servant. But, in reality, trusting a product implies that its maker can be trusted. Unfortunately, the use of even well-known new products as mobiles became risky, it may blow up by the head!" --- a robot maker has much to lose and so would likely have high quality product.  I'd trust the product.  They had to be very smart and organized to make it.  So they probably did a good job.  I highly doubt it would blow up. 

@Bud

You say "The thumbnail of that video link was enough for me not to watch. People who are fascinated with human skulls -I consider them mentally ill." --- That was the only skull related artwork I think.  Oh wait there was another one too.  NM.  I don't generally consider myself fascinated by skulls or skeletons.  They have a lot of symbolic meaning for artwork purposes though.  My mom and wife are both therapists and both consider me very mentally healthy.  I'm sure I'd know if I was mentally ill while in regular contact with mental health professionals.  I'm not.

@Wobbly

You say "Billions of years of intense evolution has brought us to have.... " --- that's a lie.  The earth is 6k years old roughly.  This is proven over and over.  Stop believing in evolution fairy tales and read and obey the Bible.  Thank God for designing the skull well.

@Manul

You say "Coding: better don't" --- I disagree.  I am a highly accomplished coder and can seemingly code anything I put my mind to.  Nothing is too hard for me.  I have a natural affinity for it.  I excell at it.  I also really enjoy it quite a lot. 

You say "Electronics: not really" --- I'm still fairly new to it but have come a long way to understanding alot of the basics and most everything I need to do the electronics tasks I want to do.  I also have innovated in this field significantly new techniques, methods, and even styles of construction.  I'm a valuable asset to this field.  So I disagree with your assessment.

You say "3D modeling: maybe" --- I get the job done for my CAD and it helps me alot.  I also am quite skilled as a 3d artist.  There's no maybe about it. 

You say "Artwork: 9/10. If you can really draw like that, please continue, you have bright future." --- I am not sure it is worth my time to pursue.  Ever heard the term starving artist?  Rather use my art talent to make robots and other functional and utilitarian stuff, not just something that sits on a wall ignored.

Online Kim Christensen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99 on: Today at 04:32:04 am »
People who are fascinated with human skulls -I consider them mentally ill.
That is quite possibly one of the most deranged things anyone has said in this entire thread.  And that's saying something!

Really? You obviously didn't read his post above where he blamed childhood cancer on the family.

Some quotes:

You say "the most compelling argument against God is childhood cancer." --- false.  There are evil kids for one thing.  Second, demons are allowed to attack entire families regardless the age if the parents are evil.  Third, kids dying is a punishment for the parents that hits home.  Serves as a great punishment for parents as far as the profound impact.  David's son with Bathsheba was struck dead to punish David.  It hurt bad.  Sin has consequences.  If you loved your kids you would not sin against God which can cause your kids to be afflicted and killed as a result to punish you.  That's sobering.

You say "Cancer. Unlike viruses and bacteria, cancer is the body killing itself" --- well actually cancer is a curse from God for sin in many cases.  It is generally caused by demons given permission to slowly kill you because of unforgiveness or sin in your life.  It's part of the curses on man for sinning.  Not a design flaw but a solution to sin in the form of a punishment.  Punishments are a good thing.

As someone who has lost more than one family member to this disease I say this to you, "Artybyrobot",
Fuck you!

The following users thanked this post: MK14, wobbly, Xena E

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf