Author Topic: Made a nice "home" for my Efratom LPRO-101...  (Read 2863 times)

Offline TurboTomTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Made a nice "home" for my Efratom LPRO-101...
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:46:08 pm »
A long time after my surprisingly successful repair of my LPRO101 (see here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/repair-lpro-101-no-lock/msg848289/#msg848289), I finally managed to design some surrounding circuitry to make a full 10MHz frequency standard with it. Since I intend to run several instruments from its output, I opted for five isolated (to avoid ground loops), +7dBm (approx. 500mVeff) sine outputs and three fast-edge square outputs of 5V, 3.3V and 2.5V peak amplitude.

A friend of mine helped me with a nice front panel and some other parts, and since he owns one of these rubidium oscillators as well, we directly built two such units. The enclosure is just big enough to contain everything but provides sufficient cooling since it's made of extruded aluminium.

The LPRO101's outputs a pretty clean sine wave, harmonics are more than 50dB below the fundamental, much better than other Rb oscillators I've seen. I included a small circuit to automatically generate a 50% duty cycle square from the sine wave and as well fast drivers for several common digital voltage levels. Actual rise times are probably in the ballpark of 500ps, considering my MSO4**4  8) reads round about 800ps, but the scope will also add some delay.

FYI, I attached a few photos and the schematic. If someone's intending to duplicate this, I may add the required information.

Cheers,
Tom

The following users thanked this post: AlienRelics, Teti, URI

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Re: Made a nice "home" for my Efratom LPRO-101...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:53:29 pm »
That looks very nice.
You could probably see these kits well.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: sgi199

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf