Author Topic: LTC4412 ideal diode alternative  (Read 2445 times)

Offline OwOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
LTC4412 ideal diode alternative
« on: April 05, 2019, 03:29:46 pm »
On taobao/aliexpress there are these ideal diode modules using a SOT26 controller and two MOSFETs:

Looking around the only ideal diode controller I can find in SOT26 is the LTC4411/LTC4412, but the price of the controller chip (even taobao prices) alone exceeds the price of these modules. I'm wondering if anyone knows what controller part number they are using on these modules.

TL;DR: I'm looking for an ideal diode controller like the LTC4412 but at more reasonable prices.
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
Re: LTC4412 ideal diode alternative
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 08:38:14 pm »
Maybe this one:

https://www.ic-fortune.com/upload/Download/DW01-G-DS-10_EN.pdf

Price at Aliexpress: $3.26 / 30 pcs.

Edit: If the MOSFETs are P-type, then the controller is not DW01 as it is designed to be used with N-MOSFETs.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:05:39 pm by Kalvin »

Offline jbb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:38:25 pm »
Intersil does a couple of ORing controllers.  They include charge pump drivers for high-side NMOS switches.  I've used the ISL6146 in a USB design and it does what it says on the tin.

Note that the quiescent and operating currents may be an issue, so check those parameters for whatever you pick.

Offline OwOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 04:46:17 am »
What's your intended voltage and current, and do you need to switch fast?

I'm looking for general purpose ORing controllers for 3 to 10V, 2A max, and ~1us switching.
The two use cases are:
(1) Simple solar battery charging for small devices, I need to prevent backflow from battery to charging buck converter and quiescent current on the battery side (output side) must be low (~10uA).
(2) Automatic power source switching for USB devices with builtin battery, where attaching USB power should switch power source from battery to USB with no interruptions.
The controller should be around $0.5 or less.
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

Offline jbb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 06:13:19 am »
For the USB / battery powered device, is it a rechargeable battery? If so, I suggest you find a charger with PowerPath. They’re better at charging the battery than just hanging the system load straight off the battery and include a changeover switch for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf