Author Topic: Looking for datasheet/info on Agilent/keysight/HP 5086-7653 preamplifier  (Read 1128 times)

Offline nexusTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Trying to dig up some info on this part. The part # is 5086-7653, which is still active in Keysight's part database. https://www.keysight.com/my/partDetail/5086-7653

Only problem is, the part itself has no markings and there is 0 documentation (at least that I could find). At the minimum, the operating/bias voltages for this amp module would be the minimum necessary info. The rest could be figured out with a network analyzer.

Anything would be appreciated. According to the parts ID website, this amplifier was used in the following products:

84125C Microwave EMI Measurement System, 1 to 40 GHz
85301B Antenna and Amplifier Radar Cross-Section Measurement System
N5260A Millimeter-Wave Controller

I've searched through all the available docs on these products and not a single one of them mention this amplifier |O

• Regular Contributor
Re: Looking for datasheet/info on Agilent/keysight/HP 5086-7653 preamplifier
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 07:17:16 am »
Bump

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 02:22:45 am »
Emailed Keysight asking about it; applications engineer said that they do not have any tech documentation regarding p/n: 5086-7653

The only other product I would investigate is the Agilent 83051A or 83050A amplifier modules. This part could possible be used in it, but I cannot find any pictures or documents of one with the cover open.

Does anyone have an 83051A or 83050A amplifier module that they could open and take a pic of inside the case?

Offline suj

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 03:14:15 pm »
My first guess was that 3x HMMC-5025/TC900/1GG6-8000 were used here, but I'm confused about the number of bias circuits. Maybe not all of them are used? It would be best to open the box and under a microscope see what components were used. I recognize some TWAs by the shape of the structure, but usually with HP/Agilent/Keysight it has a marking on the structure. In this case it would be the TC900. The DS for this TWA can be found on the web. Don't look at the fact that this TWA has a lower band in the DS starting at 2 GHz. It has extra leads on the structure and there are ANs describing how to widen the bandwidth from below. Even up to kHz.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 03:20:09 pm by suj »

Online Benta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 09:44:57 pm »
@nexus:
I cannot offer much hope. Parts like these are so exotic, that only a handful of customers ever existed. In that case, no commercial data sheet has been created (would make no sense).
The HP design/application engineers would have worked directly with the small number of customers involved.
Schematics and design files exist, of course, but are either only internal to HP or under non-disclosure agreements at the customers.

Offline IW1EPY

i have made a reverse eng. of the parts this the result.
now i am trying to polarize but i discover that the 2.4 out is lined to the drain of the last amplifier .. first the inductance that i have drown is not correct (my piece have a ball of glue at the output that make impossible a correct reverse eng.
can someone measure if in your part the output is connected to
the drain.
thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf