Author Topic: LG iG5 Variable Frequency Driver Modbus-RTU  (Read 564 times)

Offline maurosmartinsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Electronics and Embedded systems
LG iG5 Variable Frequency Driver Modbus-RTU
« on: August 14, 2021, 06:29:21 pm »
Hello all,

I'm using a LG iG5 Variable Frequency Driver to control a blower. Now I want to control it using RS485, I've already connected it and I'm able to write to the register using modbus RTU.

nevertheless I have an issue, in the manual I've found that I must configure DRV-03 (dru) and DRV-04 (FR9) to be 3 and 5 respectively so that I can use modbus-RTU.

1245594-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

with both options set to modbus-RTU I'm able to set the motor speed writing to register 5, but I'm unable to start and stop the motor writing to register 6.
If I set only DRV-03 to 3 I'm able to start and stop the motor but I can't change the speed.

1245590-1" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

Do you have any idea of what can be wrong? how can I control motor speed and state simultaneously?

looking forward your reply,
Best regards, Mauro.

Offline tonyh88

• Regular Contributor
Re: LG iG5 Variable Frequency Driver Modbus-RTU
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 07:45:59 pm »
Seems like a rather odd behaviour. I'm not familiar with those iG5 drives unfortunately.

What software are you using to test?

All I can say is make sure you have all the parameters set correctly as indicated on the page 74 in the manual and i the below screenshot.

There seems to be a write enable (address 4) and also I/O50 that needs to be set to ModBus RTU. I didn't see any indications referring to the fact that both the start/stop and speed can't be controlled via Modbus at the same time so I would expect it to work.

Maybe try contacting the company if all else fail?

Offline maurosmartinsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Electronics and Embedded systems
Re: LG iG5 Variable Frequency Driver Modbus-RTU
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 09:31:26 am »
Hello tonyh88,

thank you for your reply.

I have all parameters matching the manual also I've enabled write enable and I'm able to update the registers. Tomorrow I'll try more things, any ideas are welcome.

Best regards, Mauro.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf