Author Topic: LED project  (Read 222 times)

Offline richb007Topic starter

LED project
« on: June 25, 2024, 08:50:55 pm »
Hi experts.
I need a group of colour changing, controllable LED's to be controlled by an App.

Each needs to flash, cycle, change or stay different or the same colours, individually or as a group.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006760854123.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.346a38daJgpcqe&mp=1
The 5050 seems like the one i need as I have them in my pc lighting.

I think i need a LED controller but cant find one small enough????

A Bluetooth module
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007053264830.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.346a38daJgpcqe&mp=1

A rechargeable battery to last as long as possible and to be as small as possible

Everything needs to be as tiny as possible as they need to fit into well under 10mm sq and be as thin as possible.

Then i need to the PCB. i think?

Then i need the App to control the whole thing but at the moment i need to know if these parts would do what i need and whether i need anything else.

I have loads of other questions, such as do i need a controller or will the app be the controller? and how do i build a tiny PCB but they can wait till i know if the parts i think i need will work.

Both BTooth mod and LED are 5 Volt

As you can tell i am a novice but am hungry for advise.

Thanks

Offline xvr

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinkedIn
Re: LED project
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 12:48:39 pm »
The ESP32 series is power hungry. And it powered from 3.3V (not 5V).

A rechargeable battery to last as long as possible and to be as small as possible
If you use rechargable battery you need a charge controller.

Everything needs to be as tiny as possible as they need to fit into well under 10mm sq and be as thin as possible.
This is very challenging task  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf