Author Topic: DIY Cheap No clean flux  (Read 240 times)

Offline beenai2018Topic starter

• Contributor
DIY Cheap No clean flux
« on: September 04, 2024, 04:59:11 am »
Here  is  possibly  a simple idea  for No Clean flux. 

Most  technical  papers  seem to  indicate  testing  with  Glutamine  ,Serine, Lysine, Alanine  as fluxing agents   for No  Clean  flux types. Since these  are Amino acids and are common supplements I thought I could make something quickly.

Glutamine seems to be the most potent in these.

Alas ,I didnt have any glutamine but I did have Lysine .

I did an approximate 5-10 % W/V  . Ie 10g  in 100ml ,  in my case 1gm to about 10-15 ml distilled water. Powdered the pills and dissolved them .

I  filtered out the undissolved residue .I beleive they are Magnesium Stearate and Calcium Phospates.

Threw the rest of the solution in a dollar store bonpen-fluxpen clone.

Results are looking good!!

I was able to solder a few sample bits of metal with no issues.  This is in addition to copper pcbs/components  etc .Aluminum did not work , but that was me shooting for the moon with a 5 dollar soldering iron.

I did an A/B test  with some   oxidized wire and tests  passed.  There is definitely some fluxing activity.

It evaporates pretty quickly and does not provide a covering layer (tbh , I didn't need that feature).

Soldering tip gets very clean and stays clean.

As always ,take precautions against chemicals, don't breathe the fumes.Also not sure if this will  erode the soldering tip coating faster than rosin ,so another  unknown to think about .

HTH someone.

2360593-0

https://patents.google.com/patent/US3675307A/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 04:59:55 pm by beenai2018 »

The following users thanked this post: enut11

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf