Solving problems is how I roll.
1 (16.7%)
Did someone say Apollo 13?  I'm in.
5 (83.3%)
Only if it has a custom t-shirt 😜
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 31, 2020, 10:19:59 pm

Author Topic: Sprint Day 0: An Open Source ventilator project you can believe in.  (Read 12673 times)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Sprint Day 0: An Open Source ventilator project you can believe in.
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2020, 11:34:02 am »
What happened to our illustrious leader?  :-//
In my opinion, it's inconsiderate, somewhat rude and unprofessional. To just disappear like that.

Seems he's abandoned this thread and gone over to another one.
I think he had some grand vision of creating a new thread each day.

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2020, 12:34:12 pm »

[...]
I would have thought a person who is going to manage, something like this (apart from a forum, is probably NOT the right place anyway, it should really be a suitable pre-existing company or similar, such as a University, possibly).
The person needs to already have some or all of:
Medical knowledge (ideally Medical Electronics/Devices)
Engineering (especially Mechanical and Electronic)
Software (is a bonus)
Ideally understanding of gases/air flow etc. (pneumatics)
Management skills (ideally in a successful business environment)
[...]

In this day and age, we have seen how you can become the leader of a modern country just by blowing enough hot air and having enough idiots believe in you.

It was only a matter of time before the blowhards would try their skills in other disciplines than politics, given their obvious success there...

The following users thanked this post: MK14, bd139

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2020, 12:35:52 pm »
Seems he's abandoned this thread and gone over to another one.
I think he had some grand vision of creating a new thread each day.

I hope he won't mind me saying, he was still following this thread. Because he responded to me directly about it, via PM.
But he apparently didn't respond within it (he should of), because (as you just said), he wanted to support the new thread(s).

Even just the two active threads, is already causing confusion. As I probably should have posted in the other thread.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2020, 12:52:51 pm »
In this day and age, we have seen how you can become the leader of a modern country just by blowing enough hot air and having enough idiots believe in you.

It was only a matter of time before the blowhards would try their skills in other disciplines than politics, given their obvious success there...

I think the real issue here, is that the world has just received a surprise military virus attack, by an unknown enemy (we know it is a virus, of a defined type, but the exact/specific details of this variant, were originally unknown to us).
It is (predicted), to potentially overwhelm our military hospital defences.

So, we are desperately trying to get as many soldiers Doctors/Nurses and other medical people, and the equipment they need, such as hospitals (emergency ones being constructed), ventilators, face masks and all the other stuff they need.
But there are practical limits, to how well we can cope with this sudden and ongoing, surprise attack(s).

The reality of the situation, is that ventilators, is just one of the many things that we (Hospitals), need under these circumstances.

tl;dr
I feel sorry for the OP. Because they are trying to do the right thing, and be nice. But, the reality is that it is difficult, to effectively interface with the proper authorities, and launch a coordinated response.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2020, 01:02:58 pm »
gosh why the need to necro obsoleted thread? i know feeding a troll is better than feeding a virus, but dont feed both will be much better. we are now on day 2 sprint or maybe day X (i dont count days in this covid holiday)... go continue there... imho this thread should be locked. :palm:
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf