Author Topic: Help finding the right size pogo pins  (Read 796 times)

Offline Hootis TigglebitsTopic starter

• Contributor
Help finding the right size pogo pins
« on: January 29, 2024, 06:23:22 pm »
I have a test jig with 295mil initial height and 98mil compressed height pogo pins that are too small in diameter for the DUT.  When I test a board, I sit it on top of the jig and screw it down.  The pogo pins on the test jig need to be slightly larger in diameter to make contact with the bottom side of the vias which are 59mil in diameter and has exposed copper at 85mil in diameter, and I only need to make contact with the vias labeled C and A in the picture below. I'm having trouble finding a suitable pogo pin for this and was wondering if anyone could help?  It doesn't have to be the same initial and compressed heights as the ones I'm using now since I can make adjustments for that. The ball type pins will not work and through hole is preferred but surface mount will work too.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 07:07:10 pm by Hootis Tigglebits »

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: Help finding the right size pogo pins
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 10:43:17 pm »
Smiths Interconnect S-2 series includes 0.075"∅ cone and chisel tips, example: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Smiths-Interconnect-IDI/S-2-K-2-G?qs=RyxGbzdOlW%252BJNnDMJCjWjg%3D%3D

They have several other larger/smaller series that may be worth looking at, but the smaller series generally have 0.060" tips, which might risk getting stuck in a 0.059" hole, depending on tolerances/surface finish.  The larger series (AFAIK) tend to be much longer as well as larger diameter.

The following users thanked this post: Hootis Tigglebits

Online Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
Re: Help finding the right size pogo pins
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 04:48:57 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Hootis Tigglebits

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf