Author Topic: BM235 modifications  (Read 1617 times)

Offline SceadwianTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Beware those that tell you the way the world is.
BM235 modifications
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:52:06 pm »
I'd rather ask in a thread here to have all references in one spot if I'm able to go anywhere with this. Has anyone done any modifications to a BM235? I have an ESP32 sitting around not doing anything and I wouldn't mind trying to add Bluetooth functionality to it as a learning project so I gotta get some schematics and chip information to see if it's even possible to grab the screen information to post process it, which might require some interesting bit rangling (which I'm prepared to do) in both software and hardware possibly.

Being this is "Dave's meter" this is probably a great place to ask :) I'm sure the bit geeks around here have done something with it.

If anyone can post any links to info like schematics or chip PDF links (would be nice) If something like this thread already exists on the forum somewhere that I'm not aware of (I have a lot of catching up to do) could you link the threads in here for me? I'll look up as much of it on my own and drop it in here if anyone is interested but I could use community support on this simply because I'm not very good at reverse engineering and my time on this is limited so whatever anyone can assist with for information would be appreciated.

I figure if I can get the chip PDFs and figure out how to grab the data that's being sent to the display (if I have to) or if there's a direct way to get data out of this thing it wouldn't take much more than a weekend or two project to add BT functionality to it. With the functionality of the ESP32 lots of other interesting functions could be added as well. As much of your life you want to spend doing the modding at least :)
-Because I be, what I be. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, mum, but I be a cat. And no cat anywhere, ever gave anyone a straight answer.-

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
Re: BM235 modifications
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:39:21 pm »
There's a wealth of information Dave has provided if you look around the site:

Not sure if it was investigated if Pin 20 is TXD on the BTC H200.

http://www.kerrywong.com/2016/03/19/hacking-dtm0660l-based-multimeters/

The following users thanked this post: Sceadwian

Offline SceadwianTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Beware those that tell you the way the world is.
Re: BM235 modifications
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 07:39:16 pm »
There's a wealth of information Dave has provided if you look around the site:
<links omitted>
Not sure if it was investigated if Pin 20 is TXD on the BTC H200.

Thanks, I just wanted this post to collect any references anyone wanted to share in one place. That looks like most of what I'll need :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:42:44 pm by Sceadwian »
-Because I be, what I be. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, mum, but I be a cat. And no cat anywhere, ever gave anyone a straight answer.-

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf