Author Topic: UVPROM  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Andy Chee

• Frequent Contributor
Re: UVPROM
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2024, 04:44:23 am »
A LED seems ideal for this job, ....
I agree, if you have such - bring your experience with exact data about led and other.
They do exist:

https://www.epigap-osa.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/EOLD-255-012.pdf

But I agree, germicidal fluorescent tubes are cheaper and more readily available.

My eraser is like this one, but without a timer and LED countdown:

https://www.digitalfriends.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/20210617_101513-768x1024.jpg

It uses a germicidal tube.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 04:51:47 am by Andy Chee »

Online aeg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2024, 07:14:05 am »
I don't know about uvc-led, must be hi-power led for erase (with passive cooler). I use uv-lamp. Need to bind with wire uv-chip directly to lamp tube. After 2 hours no change. Need 8..10 hours to erase. My lamp is exactly as photo, but wavelength is 120 nm and much ozone produced. Power of my lamp is 20W.

Yikes! A 254nm, 2-watt lamp at point blank range will erase most EPROMs in less than two minutes.

Offline Postal2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2024, 07:19:40 am »
Yikes! A 254nm, 2-watt lamp at point blank range will erase most EPROMs in less than two minutes.
This is for those who can't count. You can easily recalculate power and time according to the datasheet of M27C512.

It is suitable if the emitted energy is 2 watts, not consumed.

Yes, I found it. For a UVC254 E17 3W lamp, 90 sec erasing has been tested in practice.
This lamp has a huge UV power - 160 mW! If the space around it is folded into 1 sq. cm, then the erasing time is 100 seconds.

I probably made a mistake when calculating the power before. Data for other lamps show that at a power of 4 W the radiation is ~100 µW.

Nevertheless, I believe that if there is a lamp, even if it is not suitable, but it erases UVPROM in 10 hours, then that is enough for me, I am not in a hurry.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 10:36:17 am by Postal2 »

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2024, 12:13:40 pm »
sunlight will probably erase eproms a lot faster than people think,
*something* has happened to the ionosphere recently and we are getting a lot more UV hiting us - including UVC which is not officially supposed to be happening!
i am in London and it's bleaching the roadsigns so the reds are turning yellow!!

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2024, 03:27:31 pm »
sunlight will probably erase eproms a lot faster than people think,
*something* has happened to the ionosphere recently and we are getting a lot more UV hiting us - including UVC which is not officially supposed to be happening!
i am in London and it's bleaching the roadsigns so the reds are turning yellow!!
Its doesn't take UVC to bleach things. UVC doesn't pass through conventional glass windows very well, but curtains have always bleached in colour, and crumbled, quite well in London when facing the sun for a large part of the day.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf