Author Topic: Schematic Review: ESP32 TinyPico + Murata Lora  (Read 1223 times)

Offline waymond91Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Schematic Review: ESP32 TinyPico + Murata Lora
« on: January 12, 2022, 11:15:38 am »
Hello All,
I've been working on this board for a while now, and I just had a few questions that I wanted to run by you all and just get any feedback before I go too crazy routing it and designing an enclosure. This is basically a GPS tracker for snorkeling and spearfishing that I want to make for myself so after diving I can review where I was in the water. It also has a mems mic and a speaker to act as close-range 'walkie talkie' in the water, ideally using ESP-NOW. I know this is not the best choice, but I also want to be able to offload data automatically so the ESP32 just does everything.
Because the ESP32 is so power hungry, and I also wanted to try to add a few longer range lora features, I also included a murrata LoRa module that can be programmed with arduino ide.

This schematic is actually for two boards that will be manufactured together, one GPS board (to ensure a large, clear ground plane) and another board with, well, everything else.
In this case everything else is:
My big questions at this point are:
  • Can I drive the audio driver from the ESP32/Murrata and record from the microphone to the ESP32/Murrata on the same I2S bus if one device is left channel and the other is right?
  • Is ESD protection on USB connectors necessary?
  • I'm still not sure what processes will be run on which MCU, but ideally the LoRa module does most of the work and then occasionally offloads data to the ESP32. Does anybody know of a good firmware that will let me use the ESP32 as a slave device to the Murrata chip? Otherwise my plan is to use the Murrata chip to monitor the I2S Mic and another offboard I2C sensor that does not generate interrupts, then wake up the ESP32 to chug all the data, and sleep again. But this just seems really bad...
  • Any obvious "whoopsies" on my schematic?
Dive-Tracker" border="0

Thank you in adance!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:28:48 am by waymond91 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf