Author Topic: [Tutorial] CH32V003: Flashing through USB  (Read 256 times)

Offline boreackTopic starter

[Tutorial] CH32V003: Flashing through USB
« on: September 14, 2024, 12:53:07 pm »
After playing a bit with the CH32V003 development board, I tried to get rid of the WCH-LinkE.
I design a little PCB with a USB-B female connector connected to a CH340G connected to the PD5 and PD6 pins of a CH32V003F4P6.
The rest are some resistors, capacitors and a 12mhz crystal for the CH340G. After the design I added a Switch between VCC-PC0-VSS for selecting between programing and operational mode.
In the video the switch is not solder yet and I used a jumper cable.

The process is simple. WCH has a tutorial about how to do all (Manual), but after doing it for myself, here are some hints:
  • When downloaded the CH32V003EVT_ZIP file, you need to open the project "CH32V003EVT\EVT\EXAM\USART_IAP\CH32V003_IAP" with MountRiver Studio and build it to generate the "CH32V003_IAP.bin" under folder "obj". This is the firmware file you need to use in the Step 3 inside the WCH-LinkUtility.
  • For flashing the firmware, setup all as in the manual, select "File -> Open Firmware" with the file from last step and select "Target -> Program".
  • For download a program as in the last step of the manual, PC0 MUST be shorted to VDD (HIGH). Floating didn't work for me.
  • For operation mode, PC0 MUST be shorted to VSS (GND, LOW).

With this, I got the CH32V003 programed through the USB cable!

Little short about the complete process. Less than 2 min!
https://youtu.be/FRm9grC7qo4

Attached is a image of the PCB mounted with the programing mode switch.

Greetings!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 12:56:03 pm by boreack »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf