Author Topic: Symmetricom 4370A help please - Firmware, SD Cards etc  (Read 832 times)

Offline stewby55Topic starter

Symmetricom 4370A help please - Firmware, SD Cards etc
« on: July 31, 2024, 01:16:10 pm »
We have some of these, I gather they are quite old, and we only have a user manual for them. Eng info may have long since disappeared.
If anyone has engineering info that they could share please, I'd be very grateful.

Presently one had failed, there's an SD card fitted which had 3 partitions on it, none of which had a recognisable file structure by the PC.
Another SD card (from a working unit and with similarly obscure file structure) was fitted, the Display showed lines going up/down denoting the locking / sync progress until it eventually locked up.

When fitting the original card, the display shows a flat line and no eventual freq lock up.

We'd like to duplicate the card for this and subsequent units, but it's contents are unreadable.

If theres any suggections / info about SW backup to SD or cloning cards, plus menus / engineer modes etc, I'd be very grateful, thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 01:24:01 pm by stewby55 »

Online darkspr1te

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Symmetricom 4370A help please - Firmware, SD Cards etc
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2024, 03:52:14 pm »
It's possible the device can be read by Linux, which is able to back up a sdcard regardless of the file system
you dont even need to install linux, just download a linux iso file , then using rufus application you write the iso to a usb flash driver and boot the pc to that flash, then using the dd command you can create a backup.

darkspr1te

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf