Author Topic: NEW PDVS2mini DC Voltage Reference from Ian Johnston - Reviewed.  (Read 46175 times)

Offline GingGangGooly

• Contributor
Re: NEW PDVS2mini DC Voltage Reference from Ian Johnston - Reviewed.
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2024, 08:26:28 am »
Any idea of cost for a new 1.6 device?
(for budget purposes) 👍

Offline Ecogeek

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2024, 12:04:04 pm »
Hi Johannes, thanks for the update and all the best. I have a question?  For the new version of PDVS2mini, has the LM399 been upgraded to the ADR1399? Or is this an option when ordering?   
It would seem the ADR1399 has several advantages over the older model including lower noise, be it at the cost of a higher zener current and lower battery run time.
regards from Australia

Offline wrytech

• wrytech
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2024, 10:22:22 pm »
To address the points brought up:
  • Hope the first batch can go on sale in around 2 weeks; all things are bureaucratic things are set up now and the things at hand are more logistical now. Started calibrating the first half of the first batch today, the second half is still burning in until end of next week, gathering packaging, etc. ... People registered on the newsletter on the website will be the first ones to be notified, with further announcements here, etc. then some time later
  • Budget-wise I would allocate 359€ net plus shipping (which I will try to keep at what I pay plus packaging, etc.)
  • At this point no upgrades / changes to the analogue part of the design have been done. First step is to get v1.6 where Ians units were as well. Also have partial stock left for around 150 units which I will use up before making relevant changes to the design. Would also like to be able to quantify the advantages in some way when changing over to the ADR1399 for example as it will come with an increase in price as well which further complicates things. So, this is something more for the mid to long term...

Firmware is fully updated as well and now also supports the internal temperature and new calibration point via serial. A big thanks to Ian for kindly updating WinGPIB to be compatible with the v1.6 units as well so quickly!

Thanks
Johannes

The following users thanked this post: IanJ, Mickle T., Jacon, J-R, flo.b

Offline wrytech

• wrytech
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2024, 08:25:45 pm »
And the shop is live: https://www.wrytech.eu/

Units went on sale on Friday, as was announced via the newsletter, but there is some stock left so no worries there (and I am already planning the order for the next batch haha)

All orders were shipped today, so waiting for any feedback to come in now. Thanks to everybody who has already ordered one, signed up for the newsletter or reached out to me in general! I am glad to see the interest and the trust shown - it means a lot to me.

Best,
Johannes

The following users thanked this post: IanJ, unseenninja, flo.b

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf