Author Topic: Is there a manual regulating pump with similar functions?  (Read 878 times)

Offline daisizhouTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Is there a manual regulating pump with similar functions?
« on: August 22, 2024, 09:03:32 am »
Hallo everyone

See the picture below for details. The one on the left is FLUKE DPM1B. At first glance, it seems to be just a gas pressure gauge, but the key is the dial below. Inside is a manual micro-adjusting pump. Its function is to increase or decrease the pressure when the pressure setting value is about to be reached, so as to finally make the pressure reach the ideal value we want to achieve. Unfortunately, this pump has been discontinued for many years.

On the right is a similar function, in simple terms, it is a syringe. The upper part is the same as an ordinary syringe, but the key is the lower part. It does not work by pushing or pulling, but a hand wheel that uses a rotating screw to push the piston up and down, thereby achieving the purpose of fine-tuning the pressure. The function is similar to the manual pump under the FLUKE DPM1B

I want to know if there are similar functions and affordable tools on the market. I often engage in pressure regulation work, and now I rely on ordinary syringes to regulate. Whenever the pressure reaches the critical point, it is always difficult to hope that the pressure reaches the most accurate value. I hope that knowledgeable forum friends can give suggestions, thank you
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Is there a manual regulating pump with similar functions?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 06:00:50 pm »
All the air calibration kit I have all have a threaded adjustment that way you can dial it precisely.

Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 10:15:03 pm »
Can you post a picture? I don't know what the air calibration kit you describe looks like.
thanks
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Offline Poroit

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2024, 03:29:14 am »
Plenty of good units on the market depending on your budget.

I have used the following in NATA lab.

https://www.ralstoninst.com/

QTVC is a great product, also their hoses and fittings.

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2024, 04:25:20 pm »
Can you post a picture? I don't know what the air calibration kit you describe looks like.
thanks

I have one of these,
https://www.smgauge.co.uk/products/pneumatic-hand-pumps/bench-comparator-pump-vac-to-40bar
and
https://www.smgauge.co.uk/products/pneumatic-hand-pumps/smp40-pneumatic-handpump
and
Druck DPI601 (not 100% sure of the model, but a 7bar one).

I recently repaired a Fluke 718, which is a nice compact unit.
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2024, 01:41:10 am »
thanks

I have one of these,
https://www.smgauge.co.uk/products/pneumatic-hand-pumps/bench-comparator-pump-vac-to-40bar
and
https://www.smgauge.co.uk/products/pneumatic-hand-pumps/smp40-pneumatic-handpump
and
Druck DPI601 (not 100% sure of the model, but a 7bar one).

I recently repaired a Fluke 718, which is a nice compact unit.

Thanks.
Hallo sir

I want to ask an off-topic question.

I noticed you work in calibration,Have you encountered any calibration operations for the hot wire gasflow sensor?
Because the hot wire airflow sensor is nonlinear,And when high-speed airflow passes, the data always fluctuates, so how to determine the most accurate value?

I don't know how these non-linear sensors ultimately complete the calibration step

daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2024, 08:47:22 am »
I noticed you work in calibration,Have you encountered any calibration operations for the hot wire gasflow sensor?
Because the hot wire airflow sensor is nonlinear,And when high-speed airflow passes, the data always fluctuates, so how to determine the most accurate value?

I don't know how these non-linear sensors ultimately complete the calibration step

Yes, I do work in calibration, but I tend to sub out the hotwire units as we just don't have the kit needed to get good repeatable results. When I have played with them in the past and I do know they are very sensitive to the air flowing past it. Even eddy currents of air would cause the readings to vary. I know fluke sell a airflow setup[1] but I don't think I can convince my MD to spend the money.

[1] https://eu.flukecal.com/products/flow-calibration ( https://cn.flukecal.com/products/flow-calibration for the Chinese)
--

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2024, 09:43:25 am »
But sometimes replacement is not the solution.
For example, sometimes a brand new flow sensor also needs to be calibrated before it can be zeroed.Some flow sensors that have been in service for a long time are not damaged but need to be recalibrated. Simply put, the curve or zero position needs to be reconfirmed.

I looked up the Fluke Molbloc-L and it looks like it is an electronic flow meter (hot wire type) that transmits the signal via the serial port to a computer for calibration. Is this correct?

By the way, do you know the FLUKE VT650/VT900 analyzer? Have you ever calibrated it?
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf