Author Topic: Agilent/Keysight 4155/4156C Performance Verification  (Read 1440 times)

Offline moosebiscuitTopic starter

Agilent/Keysight 4155/4156C Performance Verification
« on: June 28, 2024, 08:35:00 pm »
Hello everybody. I'm not very familiar with these units and how they operate, I'm looking to test their functionality in our in-house lab. I'm looking at the last certificate from Keysight and it looks like they just used some standard resistors and a 3458A to perform some voltage/current gain/measurement/offset tests. I have these, but I just can't seem to find anywhere additional guidance on performing these tests. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Agilent/Keysight 4155/4156C Performance Verification
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2024, 08:47:21 pm »
Bump!

Is anybody familiar with what it takes to test these models?

Offline chilternview

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 07:48:37 pm »
I have both a 4155B and 4156C . There is an Agilent service manual available from Artek Media for the 4155/4156. The official way was to use a performance verification program 'PV4155' - I think it was a HP Basic program on a floppy - but that is not available from Keysight who also no longer offer calibration services for the 4155/6.

If you can get hold of the PV4155 program by twisting your local Keysight reps arm, let us know! Sadly I don't hold out much hope though.

Other than that, you can obviously manually set the 4155/6 to output voltages/currents from the SMUs and measure with a DVM like a 3458A, or measure voltages/currents from an external source. Without knowing the GPIB commands to set the ADC reference though, you can only verify the performance, not change it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 07:50:46 pm by chilternview »

The following users thanked this post: moosebiscuit

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2024, 03:48:18 am »
I will give that a shot, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to this! I'll definitely let you know if I get anywhere. Do you know what all is on that service manual before I put money down on it? I was tinkering with it but wasn't confident in my understanding at the time but maybe the manual will help. I'm 99% sure keysight still provides cal services for these, but I might be wrong I might be thinking of  a different vendor. Anyways, thanks again!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 03:58:25 am by moosebiscuit »

Offline chilternview

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2024, 05:24:58 am »
Do you know what all is on that service manual before I put money down on it?

the service manual has some info on performance verification procedures and a basic functionality description with block diagrams etc. The thing it's lacking is schematics. Still, it's worth having.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf