Author Topic: Fluke 732B replacement handle and support arms  (Read 1680 times)

Offline volvo_nut_v70Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fluke 732B replacement handle and support arms
« on: September 23, 2022, 03:09:55 am »
I recently received a pair of Fluke 732B, both with damaged front posts. The root cause is that the support arms for the handle are extremely weak because of minimal material around the screw hole where the arm is fastened to the handle. One arm will break and with the weight of the battery the other fails and the 732B is on the floor with plastic bits strewn about. I was also missing one handle.

From Fluke the handle is $160, the arms are $20 each. The handle screws are $9 each. The new support arms are the same design and material so it will fail again.

I had my machinist friend fabricate a new handle and support arms out of aluminum, photos attached.

My question is there a want / need out there for the handle and support arms? What are people's thoughts. The handle and arms do not lend themselves to CNC machining (my friend is capable in both) so it is manually machined. He doesn't consider it complex machining.

The arms are compatible with the original handle.

The aluminum handle and arms could be anodized black, I haven't priced it out and pricing depends on quantity being done.

For straightening out a bent post I used a #24 transfer punch inserted all the way down the post hole and gently tugged the post straight.

The following users thanked this post: ManateeMafia

Offline CorporateReference

• Contributor
Re: Fluke 732B replacement handle and support arms
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 04:38:54 am »
Interested if you can match the powdercoating. PM sent

Offline alligatorblues

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 732B replacement handle and support arms
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 04:59:13 pm »
I needed just one of the pieces that attach the handle to the unit. When it was all totalled up,it came to $29 and some cents. The stock handle is adequate for all but abusive treatment, like tying it to a car bumper. I cannot imagine what people do to break the handles off 732Bs. I just got a quote on the power transformer assmbly, $1,200. So, I fixed in myself. The only thing is the aluminum box around the actual transformer is  riveted together.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf