Author Topic: Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard  (Read 301831 times)

Offline Excavatoree

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2015, 03:39:07 am »
If the unit is damaged by taking the cover off, it's not a product. Period. End of story.

I have adjusted and repaired many thousands of boxes over decades. Not once did they ever get damaged when I pulled the cover off.

It is not only reasonable, but expected to be able to take apart for basic service and calibration.
Your wrong! There is no reason to ever disassemble the unit, even to calibrate it! No matter how many times you say the same wrong thing, it will never be true. I'm the manufacturer. I say the unit cannot be disassembled by the user. If the user does so, and the unit malfunctions, it's the user's fault  for disregarding the obvious seal on the product.

Believe it or not, most people do not buy a voltage standard and then take it apart! News Flash! Most people leave it together and use it for its intended purpose. But I never could have anticipated what I found on this board. If I would have known the horrible injustice that awaited me, I would have just bought real estate! But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to try to do something truly good, to add something to the world, to actually help the very community you meddlers occupy!

It may seem strange to some of you here, but I can easily  afford to take a bulldozer and plow my voltage-standard enterprise into a landfill. After meeting the problem children on this board, I'm thinking about it. I have met here the rudest and most unreasonable people I have ever met in my life. And that is saying a lot! Your tactics are those of abject wickedness! You have a corrupt agenda, and you follow it no matter what the cost.

I think it's sad that a few members on this board piss away your pathetic lives bent on destruction rather than production.

You mad, bro?

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2015, 03:42:24 am »
You are now saying that your voltage reference is going to be accurate within 1.5ppm of 10 volts forever? It never needs calibration as the only way to calibrate is to open it and adjust the pots, but if there is never any reason? Ohhhh, I know, a little holy ghost gets born inside the tomb of your device and adjusts the pots then dies and goes back to heaven! This is to absolve all the sinning voltage references in the world, if only we would believe in your gift from your god.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:45:06 am by Lightages »

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2015, 03:43:36 am »
The construction of these units is superb.

Really, does anything more need to be said? This is high comedy.
It works well. Try doing better than that on a proto board. You are attempting to do me intentional harm. Shame on you! Why are you doing that? I have done nothing wrong. I manufacture a superb product. If you are one to judge only by appearances, you can't see the truth! And if you're so concerned with doing me harm, I hold you captive, because you really can't harm me. The product performs superbly when used according to even the most basic common sense. 
Anything truly new begins as a thought.

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2015, 03:46:54 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god dude shut up. You read like you're hyperventilating. Go breathe into a bag or take some pills or something.
No one is forcing you to read it.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2015, 03:47:48 am »
No, I mean lest you embarrass yourself further... I'm finding this rather entertaining, actually...
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2015, 03:49:33 am »
You are now saying that your voltage reference is going to be accurate within 1.5ppm of 10 volts forever? It never needs calibration as the only way to calibrate is to open it and adjust the pots, but if there is never any reason? Ohhhh, I know, a little holy ghost gets born inside the tomb of your device and adjusts the pots then dies and goes back to heaven! This is to absolve all the sinning voltage references in the world, if only we would believe in your gift from your god.
It has closed-chassis calibration controls. That means you don't need to open the chassis to calibrate the unit.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2015, 03:51:25 am »
It is hermetically sealed but has access to the pots..... More woowoo............

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2015, 03:52:05 am »
Just so it is said, the evil and wicked people here on the EEVBlog have been remarkably patient and giving of their time and knowledge for pretty much every one of the thousands and thousands of threads. There are some VERY smart individulas that have been kind enough to share unique and amazing knowledge that has allowed me to grow as a circuit designer far faster than if I was just reading books. Real world, practical ideas and solutions are being shared in a delightfully free community atmosphere. There are basic questions being answered. There are advanced questions being answered here. That is why I participate - so much knowledge to soak up from those that are much smarter than I am. Sometimes I may be able to offer something constructive. 

If you ask anyone on earth to review this little conversation, you may be surprised to find out that it will be hard for anyone to agree with you.

Let me know if you can find a single piece of electronics test equipment of any other professional piece of electronics that is instantly damaged by taking the cover off. It may be true of a consumer USB wall charger, but not lab gear. It's not repetition of words that makes these observations true - facts are facts are facts are facts.

Early on in this conversation, you had an opportunity to learn and step up your offering to a level that could be acceptable to the hobby community and maybe even professionals at some point. You blew that opportunity over and over.  Your device and responses to comments are something I have never seen in my entire life - and I work in the entertainment industry. Don't blame the people here for your issues. The group has been very soft and gentle considering what you have brought to the conversation.

Good luck with all your future endeavors. Luck may be your only chance......
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2015, 03:53:48 am »
No, I mean lest you embarrass yourself further... I'm finding this rather entertaining, actually...
I'm not the least bit embarrassed to speak the truth. The final testimony of those who hated truth will be their rotting corpses, dry bones, and finally, dust, while truth lives of forever. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my word shall never pass away!   

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2015, 03:58:05 am »
I'm not the least bit embarrassed to speak the truth.

That is embarrassing.

The final testimony of those who hated truth will be their rotting corpses, dry bones, and finally, dust, while truth lives of forever. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my word shall never pass away!

That is comedy.

It works well. Try doing better than that on a proto board. You are attempting to do me intentional harm. Shame on you! Why are you doing that?

Posting a picture of your product is intentional harm?  :-DD
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:01:18 am by c4757p »

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2015, 04:09:58 am »
Just so it is said, the evil and wicked people here on the EEVBlog have been remarkably patient and giving of their time and knowledge for pretty much every one of the thousands and thousands of threads. There are some VERY smart individulas that have been kind enough to share unique and amazing knowledge that has allowed me to grow as a circuit designer far faster than if I was just reading books. Real world, practical ideas and solutions are being shared in a delightfully free community atmosphere. There are basic questions being answered. There are advanced questions being answered here. That is why I participate - so much knowledge to soak up from those that are much smarter than I am. Sometimes I may be able to offer something constructive. 

If you ask anyone on earth to review this little conversation, you may be surprised to find out that it will be hard for anyone to agree with you.

Let me know if you can find a single piece of electronics test equipment of any other professional piece of electronics that is instantly damaged by taking the cover off. It may be true of a consumer USB wall charger, but not lab gear. It's not repetition of words that makes these observations true - facts are facts are facts are facts.

Early on in this conversation, you had an opportunity to learn and step up your offering to a level that could be acceptable to the hobby community and maybe even professionals at some point. You blew that opportunity over and over.  Your device and responses to comments are something I have never seen in my entire life - and I work in the entertainment industry. Don't blame the people here for your issues. The group has been very soft and gentle considering what you have brought to the conversation.

My device performs better than anything else in its class. And I have had people remark in this thread that the treatment I have received is utterly reprehensible, without merit, recklessly irresponsible, for no excuse can be made! Go through this entire thread an show me one thing I said to deserve the miserable treatment I have received.

you will  find nothing. I applaud those few who have the sense to speak up for what's right. The wicked shall fall in the graves they dug for the innocent. I speak the truth! Are you faulting me for that? I have taken under advisement every suggestion I have received. I'd like to implement them all, but the chassis would be huge.  I understand that some of the members have some inborne prejudices about soldering. You don't have to keep criticising the soldering. I understand how you feel about it. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2015, 04:13:19 am »
It has closed-chassis calibration controls. That means you don't need to open the chassis to calibrate the unit.

And how do you do that exactly?
Please be precise in your detailed explanation.
Also, please explain by what mechanism removing the rear case causes damage to the circuitry or calibration.
Once again, please be precise.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:19:10 am by EEVblog »

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:34 am »

Prayer

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2015, 04:20:50 am »

The following users thanked this post: RoadDog

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2015, 04:24:27 am »

I did not ask for help. I found this miserable thread already started, disparaging me and my product, based purely on conjecture. I tried to make the truth known, but the community wasn't interested. I think it might be the fact that I didn't require outside help for development that turned people here against me. I only heard of this board a short time ago. I  myself am an astounding electronics guy.

I've never required technical assistance from anyone. That may seem difficult to believe, and I tried to explain how I do it, but I was berated for about six pages for even mentioning it. Thanks for all the help. I came to resolve an issue regarding a product. I'm leaving with more than what I came with. I'll never forget this board and the members I met here.   

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2015, 04:31:59 am »
Prayer

My guess is Transistor Man:

Sorry Dave, that won't work. That guy has modern clothes, doesn't have a beard and long hair, and where is the cross?

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2015, 06:32:16 am »
Transistor man escaped from my unit, now it's out of cal :(

He was working hard in there until I let him out.  That little bugger is running amok in my apartment now.

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
  • I kiss on the first date
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2015, 06:58:54 am »
Your wrong! There is no reason to ever disassemble the unit, even to calibrate it!

once again taken directly from your ebay listing....

In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2015, 07:20:47 am »

I did not ask for help. I found this miserable thread already started, disparaging me and my product, based purely on conjecture. I tried to make the truth known, but the community wasn't interested. I think it might be the fact that I didn't require outside help for development that turned people here against me. I only heard of this board a short time ago. I  myself am an astounding electronics guy.

I've never required technical assistance from anyone. That may seem difficult to believe, and I tried to explain how I do it, but I was berated for about six pages for even mentioning it. Thanks for all the help. I came to resolve an issue regarding a product. I'm leaving with more than what I came with. I'll never forget this board and the members I met here.

Actually, the thread was hopefully until someone posted an image of the insides. We commented on how unprofessional it was, but still held hope. Then you showed up and we lost complete faith.

It's funny, you can't seem to give answers to *any* technical questions or provide any data on your specs. Yet you accuse us of being mean. Go through the thread and count the times you've been asked a relevant, basic question, yet instead of answering simply damned our souls to hell.

The big one is that, when asked to explain (in detail) how you calibrate a sealed box, you spout some more Holy Roller nonsense and claim to be leaving and never coming back. That's called running like a scared dog with his tail between his legs.

I really hope you do abandon selling these references. Your absolutely terrible at electronics. You're terrible at communicating like a human being. You're terrible at taking any form of criticism. You're just plain bad at life. In fact, it seems the only thing you're really good at is being a source of comedy.

By the way, 24 hours and I wasn't humbled. I guess my +3 Elven Cloak of Spell Protection actually works! (Or I rolled a d20 on my Will Save.) You might think about grinding a few levels or something.

I mean, a level 3 Priest vs a Level 69 Necromancer, you didn't really stand a chance; you don't even have access to Turn Evil yet!

Sent from my Smartphone
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:23:04 am by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2015, 07:39:31 am »

I've never required technical assistance from anyone. That may seem difficult to believe......

Yes, in fact it is impossible.....how did you learn English?  How did you learn to use a computer?  How to tie your shoes?  How to wipe your own ass?  How to eat without choking....etc etc etc

And the BIG ONE....how did you learn all about your god?  Divine intervention I suppose.....

In fact in your very own eBay listing you say this ......

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:42:15 am by TunerSandwich »

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2015, 07:43:29 am »

I  myself am an astounding electronics guy.

Yep....astoundingly bad....

Offline JohnnyBerg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2015, 08:04:35 am »
The construction of these units is superb. It works well. Try doing better than that on a proto board.

I bet $100 that mini actually works, and is much better!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:07:06 am by JohnnyBerg »

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:25 am »
This thread will become known as...... "The Bottom of the Internet"
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2015, 10:04:22 am »
The unit arrives sealed. There is no reason to open it. You can understand that.

Well, the bottom has two screws to hold the case together
Here you placed a simple clear tape over the full area, you could almost call it sealed
On the top, there are two holes for the Pot adjustments and they are covered with a little red and green sticker
Definitely not sealed!
The two clamp shells are bend and are definitely not sealed.
No quality lab gear should break, if it is opened up.

You had so many opportunities, to listen to the good people here on eevblog and improve your prototype
to make it a real product. But instead you are claiming that something is wrong with us. This is really unbelievable!

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline JohnnyBerg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2015, 10:16:00 am »
But instead you are claiming that something is wrong with us. This is really unbelievable!

Hear,  hear

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf