Author Topic: JLCPCB offer until 25 december  (Read 10285 times)

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
Re: JLCPCB offer until 25 december
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 07:35:08 pm »
I agree.  For many people, even in wealthy countries, $50 is a big hit on the hobby budget.  But don't overlook the very real savings in overall cost.  I just ordered a board from these guys.  I need just prototype quantities (2 or 3), but bought 20 and got a total bill of $32.  Smallest quantity I could order was 5 and that would have saved only about $10.   The lowest cost domestic supplier was two boards for $68  ($53 for boards, $15 for shipping).  The domestic guys offered a little faster delivery, but warned that 6 mil trace spacing was iffy and offered no review or check of the boards, just straight from the Gerbers to manufacture and shipping without test.

If these all work first try I'll be able to share the spares with others, maybe swap for some parts or something.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2020, 09:08:42 pm »
Those kinds of shipping prices makes it worthwhile to DIY circuit boards.
been there as well, i still keep my diy stock just in case for small and quick pcb. but as the design grew more complicated with many smd components, hundred of vias, traces on top and bottom layer that need alignment in 0.1mm accuracy, diy has become a headache and frustration for some of us. i still keep few large diyed pcb thats incomplete due to this frustration, took me hours and days just to solder correctly few components, undoing solder bridges and stitching many vias. i feel like to not want to be in that path anymore, i will hand over my money in exchange for my time. luckily shipping is below $20 to here, if i think its still too much, there is cheaper SF Express option. or maybe you people can send them email to ask for $5 registered mail (you hold the risk if its lost). ymmv.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline S. PetrukhinTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 09:34:39 pm »
or maybe you people can send them email to ask for $5 registered mail (you hold the risk if its lost). ymmv.

How to place, pay for an order, and complete a purchase if the delivery options do not include registered mail delivery. Did you do that?
I think JLCPCB are responsive and good people, but they will not agree to this method of delivery.

More recently, among the options was a registered mail from the Russian post - it was inexpensive and did not take long to deliver. But this service used cargo transportation in passenger flights, which are now unavailable due to the sheep-virus.

Smart guy Aliexpress has already established transportation in the new conditions and it has a reasonable time frame.
And sorry for my English.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:50 pm »
or maybe you people can send them email to ask for $5 registered mail (you hold the risk if its lost). ymmv.
How to place, pay for an order, and complete a purchase if the delivery options do not include registered mail delivery. Did you do that?
Smart guy Aliexpress has already established transportation in the new conditions and it has a reasonable time frame.
i mean, you can ask them to figure out what route Ali is using and add it in their checkout option. i did few Ali orders recently, one of the route is SF Express, the one used as well by HQX what to send my NanoVNA (after the earlier route/courier attempt failed before passing their border, i guess due to the sheep virus).
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 10:15:23 pm »
And there is an option that may well compete: 10 days of Ali against 4 days of DHL at a price 10 times cheaper.

Shipping prices are crazy. I buy $2 DMM leads and pay $4 for Ali Express Standard Shipping. This is $6 total (Canadian). They bring the parcel across the ocean to Canada, then mail it to me from Vancouver using Canada Post Expedited Parcel. If a friend sends me a similarly sized parcel from Vancouver, he will pay $14 only for shipping.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 10:31:43 pm »
And there is an option that may well compete: 10 days of Ali against 4 days of DHL at a price 10 times cheaper.

Shipping prices are crazy. I buy $2 DMM leads and pay $4 for Ali Express Standard Shipping. This is $6 total (Canadian). They bring the parcel across the ocean to Canada, then mail it to me from Vancouver using Canada Post Expedited Parcel. If a friend sends me a similarly sized parcel from Vancouver, he will pay $14 only for shipping.

Western postal services should be required to register as sex offenders for their serial rape of their customers...

Offline S. PetrukhinTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 10:46:46 pm »
i mean, you can ask them to figure out what route Ali is using and add it in their checkout option. i did few Ali orders recently, one of the route is SF Express, the one used as well by HQX what to send my NanoVNA (after the earlier route/courier attempt failed before passing their border, i guess due to the sheep virus).

SF Express also expensive, but very very slow. The last time they delivered a package to me was more than 30 days. Delivery was carried out through Finland, where the cargo was indicated as commercial during the interim customs clearance, and I had to carry out an expensive and complex commercial customs clearance. In Russia, private parcels do not require customs clearance. If I paid by DHL, I am sure that my parcel is already flying to me on a direct plane and will be guaranteed soon. This is the undisputed advantage of DHL.They charge a lot of money, but they do their job with a guarantee. Sf Express can't do that.

I offered JLCPCB three options.
1. Open sales page on Aliexpress for standard PCB 10x10, 2 layers. After payment, request an e-mail from the buyer with Gerber.
2. After paying the fee of the same specification, send for user a referral link to the paid order on the JLCPCB website to download Gerber there.
3. Find an intermediary on Aliexpress, declare it an official representative and let it take orders, execute them on JLCPCB and send them to customers.

I hope they will think about it and find a solution.
The same would be good for their  LCSC colleagues. Great guys, but the same problems with delivery.

And sorry for my English.

Offline 1276-2449-1-ND

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2020, 01:40:38 pm »
I miss the combined JLC/LCSC shipping. That was awesome while it lasted.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2020, 02:43:54 pm »

Western postal services should be required to register as sex offenders for their serial rape of their customers...

Dude, that is so inappropriate.. :palm:

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2020, 01:09:32 am »
i just made 2 orders from them, they do combined shipping. 2 layers 100mm x 100mm x 10 pcs ($5) + 4 layers 100mm x 100mm x 5 pcs ($7) + $18 DHL. total = $30. not bad. if i make only a single order, DHL will cost $16.
i received my board yesterday. at $30, lets assume $15 for 10pcs 2L and $15 for 5pcs 4L. so thats average $1.50 and $3 per 10x10cm pcb... hundreds of vias per board i wouldnt touch my diy stuffs anymore remembering how painful the process was.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf