Author Topic: CHMT 560p4 pick and place -- please share your experiences here  (Read 4393 times)

Offline MR

• Regular Contributor
Re: CHMT 560p4 pick and place -- please share your experiences here
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 04:04:55 am »
Can you discuss your Mechatronika stuff elsewhere?  It is not relevant to this thread.

I think you better keep watching both of them since they are very similar from the mechanical point of view. If you're not interested in those details just ignore it.

Those low end / mid end machines are nothing more than a weak portals with a primitive pick/place head (compared with ASM/Juki&co). Also it's easy to share feeders across multiple manufacturers, so one company delivering unworkable parts in that area can easily be replaced with other items from another manufacturer.

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2020, 05:14:32 am »
I too have no issues with my M10V.

M10V in fact uses linear encoders in a servo drive configuration.

Let me add I used to sell Siemens pick and place machines in my younger days.

And no I am not an agent for Mechatronika. I just like my Mechatronika experience.

Offline MR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2020, 05:46:12 am »
That's good that you're satisfied with the product you got. We are not due to obvious documented reasons and fraud that company committed to us dated 2017.
Can you please take a photo of the top camera installed inside the machine? (the cover can be clipped off).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:48:01 am by MR »

Offline zerohimselfTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2020, 05:46:35 am »
I did start the thread about specific issues with the CHMT 560p4.

Not trying to be mean, but unless it is the same exact machine, or the same exact parts (ie same feeders, same head assembly, same software), I feel it's not really relevant to this thread.

Seeing the internal configuration of another mfg's PnP is not going to help this thread in any meaningful way. If you want to discuss another machine, make a topic about that specific machine, and ask for help/info/experiences..

Please, and thank you.

Offline MR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2020, 05:54:08 am »
Read it more carefully, earlier seon mentioned that homing issues are the last things you would like to solve; it affects the optical recognition if you don't recalibrate the fixed camera since the component would be captured way off its actual target.

So proper homing is not only an issue related about feeders. Some issues just match and it's the same across all machines.
But some detail questions about the camera electronics should be in the other thread yes.

Offline zerohimselfTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 07:51:31 am »
Yeah, the homing is an issue, but isn't the biggest one. Believe me, I will likely try to reverse engineer this thing if i have any serious issues. Probably won't be lucky enough to do anything about that issue however.. It's very unlikely that they left the source code on the device..

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 10:48:27 am »
Zero,

We have had homing issues on another machine whihc showed up as loss of feeder pick up position and a bunch of other XY issues.

It turned out to be  a dicky homing position sensor in the Y axis.

The mechanism suffered from too tight clearances and axis movement to home position would interfere with homing sensor.
Took a while to stop the usual #$%&^@ and cool down and resolve the problem.

Machine transformed into this amazing piece of kit that is a pleasure to pet and stroke and assemble customers product.

Offline seon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2020, 07:42:20 am »
I made some progress by mangling more feeders - yay for ridiculous ways to make this machine better!
https://youtu.be/r87deH3VpNA

Seon
Unexpected Maker

The following users thanked this post: soFPG

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf