Author Topic: I can't get over how nice the JLCPCB boards we just got are  (Read 5045 times)

Offline DigitalDeathTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I can't get over how nice the JLCPCB boards we just got are
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:11:00 pm »
I ordered 5 different panels with one design each so 5 different artworks with framed stencils.
Order went very smooth and the quality is superb. The black silkscreen is semi-matte with a beautiful finish and very tight tolerance.
Not one pip, nothing, just uploaded artworks and one week later everything arrived and not one problem. I'm very happy. Took literally 4 days manufacturing and then 3 days shipping to the US. All of them 4-Layer boards. The online chat was a time saver. Any question I had were answered by a person in minutes using the chat window.
This is my first experience with them. I see why a lot of people recommend them. Glad I tried them.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: I can't get over how nice the JLCPCB boards we just got are
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 05:04:48 pm »
Trump will black list JLCPCB, use those ones your receive as last ones...

Offline phil from seattle

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 05:27:00 pm »

You know this for sure or are just speculating.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 06:16:43 pm »
Photos?
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Rat_Patrol

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 06:38:57 pm »

lol, no. No he won't.

Show me where Trump or his admin is singling out JLCPCB. I'll even take a CNN article. If this were the case, I'd REALLY like to know.

Offline dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 06:48:20 pm »
The way those people are promoting their products maybe creative but it is just annoying at a level unseen before.
Some days ago i was looking for CAN bus on STM32 application examples and found something on Google, but it was all dummy except showing some board and then elaborating intensively how nice those PCB people are.
I think they must be in a great urgency, trying to destroy the business of everybody else. Except with corona the tendency will rather be the other direction (prefering local supplies).

Regards, Dieter

Offline DigitalDeathTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 12:43:42 am »
The way those people are promoting their products maybe creative but it is just annoying at a level unseen before.

Haven’t had that Experience but I do have my settings on most everything to not follow cookies and opt out of everything that could be a opted out. I browse in incognito mode too.

Photos?

Sorry I’m not allowed.

Not even worth a response to this nonsense.

Offline dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 03:55:32 am »
For example on top of this page i have their ad and it isn't the usual still as the one from Keysight but something animated.

Regards, Dieter

Offline Mecanix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 10:44:06 pm »
+1

Yeah, not bad at all JLC, kudos. My first 11 (eleven) proto boards/designs arrived yesterday along with a few stencils. The whole lot is near perfection (< 25~50µ tolerance). Stencils are a bit on the 'thick' side of things for let's say 0402 (and smaller), but overhaul its a PASS with flying colors! I'll do business again.

JLC is literally -75% cheaper than the other one I used to deal pcbs with (West based) and that's including shipping, and ther JLC's service/quality/tol is superior... I want a refund lol

Offline SerieZ

• Regular Contributor
  • Zap!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 12:04:18 pm »
The nicest FR-4 Prototype Boards are the ones Würth makes IMO.
They are more expensive and have less options tho....  ::)
As easy as paint by number.

Offline kd6oji

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 09:57:45 pm »
I recently had a rather small board (RPi hat) fabbed at JLCPCB and yes, their quality is nice. I think they are even a bit better than the ones I had done a PCBWAY a couple years back. For sure a lot better than I can produce on my own.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 10:07:08 pm »
The worst I find about JLCPCB boards is that their solderability sucks for some reason. Both lead-free HASL and ENIG (solders better). Solder just does not flow well on them, some boards significantly worse than others. Say GC 10 solder paste does not flow well enough and some area of pads often remains uncovered with solder after reflow. While on boards from other manufacturers it flows excellently. AIM SAC305 M8 works better but I would not call it perfect. Also Soldering them with SN99.3Cu07 solder wire sucks. It just does not want to flow at good speed, I need to use SN100C or SAC307 which flow better. The same SN99.3Cu07 works excellently on boards from WELLPCB and some others.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 11:09:44 pm »
Thanks for that note, i also had problems with Jlcpcb boards solderability. I had to vigorously rub the pad with an eraser before soldering, otherwise the solder dud not stick, though HASL finishing looked nice and shiny.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 05:51:02 am »
How are the contract conditions? Anybody here thought about giving away their latest designs to somebody else? Those low prices could mean that somebody is buying designs, and they do so by paying boards (Chinese government?).
Essentially the Google business model: It's free, but not completely, since they learn what you think about even before you speak to anybody else.

Regards, Dieter

Offline Mecanix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 09:07:23 am »
Our Chinese friends aren't exactly interested into our designs, knowing they already have the capabilities to engineer the equivalent from scratch if not done 100x better (when is their rover landing on Mars?). Its not the technology and/or skillsets they require, at all, its the creativity side of things (aka ideas). That being said, if you have a 'revolutionary' ideas/product, overseas is possibly not the best place to share your IP for free (and that's not just China, any country for that same matter). Side note; impressive to see how successful this ill politically motivated anti-china propaganda is reaching out to some...

On the solderability subject I haven't noticed any impediments in reflowing two boards and hand soldering one (so far), some that freshly arrived anyway. Unlike another board that was made months ago (west-based mfg, not JLC), although this is because of the oxidation built-up with time. Applying flux, quickly re-wetting the pads with hot tip and cleaning up afterward fixes this and bring those old (and insanely crazy expensive) boards back to life.

Offline JLCPCB Official

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 01:32:05 am »
    Dear PCB users, thank you for your feedback on JLCPCB. If you have any opinions on the quality and service of JLCPCB products, we will definitely take and solve them very significantly.
   For manufacturers, manufacturing high-quality products and providing good services are the top priorities. Therefore, we put customer experience first, hoping to reduce the cost of engineers by improving production efficiency and effectiveness. This is a sincere thought, absolutely sincere.
    Our CEO used to be an engineer. He has faced the same difficulty everyone else: poor-quality PCB, unaffordable PCB, slow shipping, and so on. The original heart of establishing JLCPCB is for engineers to complete hardware design without cost worry and shipping faster. This is the goal established since 2006, and we are still working hard to this day.
    I hope everyone can see that JLCPCB efforts are special and unique. As a manufacturer, we are passive and unable to participate in political issues of the general environment. Thank you all for your feedback, thank you again!
    We welcome all suggestions, have a good day everyone.  :-+
                                                 -----JLCPCB Group

The following users thanked this post: nuclearcat, Mecanix

Offline Mecanix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 09:47:04 pm »

Ah! I've noticed from recent orders that the overhaul accuracy of size 0402 is plenty workable. However I'd would like to recommend/suggest the option to have stencil thicknesses between 60μm(min) and 80μm(max) to accommodate those 0.3mm~0.5mm pitch and 0402. You should be able to find austenitic stainless steel foil from several suppliers, which is what is being used if I'm not mistaken. For one I'd be happy to pay double price for those 60μm stencils as opposed to have them outsourced by a third party :(

Thank you for all the continuous support and great manufacturing. Impressively effective processes and quality JLCPCB! #Jia you!

Offline sdouble

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 06:16:14 am »
@jlcpcb official : do you produce Rogers made PCBs ?

The following users thanked this post: JLCPCB Official

Offline JLCPCB Official

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 06:16:24 am »
@jlcpcb official : do you produce Rogers made PCBs ?
Hi, we produce only FR4 fiber glass PCBs only. :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline JLCPCB Official

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 09:25:21 am »

Ah! I've noticed from recent orders that the overhaul accuracy of size 0402 is plenty workable. However I'd would like to recommend/suggest the option to have stencil thicknesses between 60μm(min) and 80μm(max) to accommodate those 0.3mm~0.5mm pitch and 0402. You should be able to find austenitic stainless steel foil from several suppliers, which is what is being used if I'm not mistaken. For one I'd be happy to pay double price for those 60μm stencils as opposed to have them outsourced by a third party :(

Thank you for all the continuous support and great manufacturing. Impressively effective processes and quality JLCPCB! #Jia you!
Dear sir,  for your request you can fill in "0.6mm stencil needed" in the "remarks blank" when placing an order. Please notice there will be additional charges for special needs.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Mecanix

Offline pidcon

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 09:53:09 am »
This has got me interested. Thanks for this thread.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf