Author Topic: Australian LCSC orders over $1000  (Read 211 times)

Offline ryanmTopic starter

Australian LCSC orders over $1000
« on: Today at 04:07:00 am »
I'm looking at doing some full reel orders from LCSC and it will take me over the $1000 threshold for customs in Australia.

I assume that if I select DHL as the courier they will just send me a bill for the duty and customs when it gets into the country?

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Australian LCSC orders over $1000
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:56:32 am »
Correct.

You will pay the 10% GST, plus fees of about $100-$150.

There should be no duty payable on electronic components, although I've seen small values (<$5) on some of my paperwork.  Triggered by one of the HS codes I assume.
The customs processing fee is higher (~$80 extra) if the value of goods is over $10,000.  I've only had to pay that once... and it was with an LCSC order in 2022.  Yay chip shortage!

The customs paperwork listing the charges is super complicated.  From memory, FedEx just give you that plus a total to pay, whereas DHL give you a breakdown summary.

Online Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:13:04 am »
The Australian government customs fees are listed here
https://www.abf.gov.au/importing-exporting-and-manufacturing/importing/cost-of-importing-goods/charges/import-processing-charge

Based on the charges I paid in the past, LCSC have not always done electronic lodgements, so I've typically paid the N10 documentary fee - it was $190 on my big order.
With higher value Digikey orders, and at least once with LCSC, they have used N10 electronic fee which was $50 (for value <$10,000).

I believe the other fee I've paid is the AQIS one for biosecurity which I recall being $30-$40.  It increases each year, and the above linked page says it is now $45.

Offline ryanmTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:35:37 am »
I looked into self submitting the N10 declaration, but to access the website you need to pay better part of a thousand dollars to digicert. What a stitch up.

Online Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:41:08 am »
Yeah, you'd have to be importing a lot to make self submission worthwhile.
I don't think I'd consider it anyway, not knowing all the industry lingo and processes.

One thing to be aware of is I recommend to only use DHL.
With FedEx, if your shipment includes non-semiconductor parts (e.g. connectors) there is a good chance you will have a delayed clearance, and you will need to complete an asbestos declaration form.  |O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf