Author Topic: Rigol 1052E Bug Report, Firmware 2.04  (Read 4271 times)

Offline saturationTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
Rigol 1052E Bug Report, Firmware 2.04
« on: January 14, 2011, 02:31:18 am »
Could use confirmation, fixes and checking if the following are still present in the more recent firmware versions:

USB flash drive

If you save more than 10 files to external USB flash drive, thereafter at some point you'll get a file error.  You may be able to still save files, but some of the files will be corrupted.

Is there a safe way to remove the USB flash drive other than powering off the Rigol?  Whether Rigol's functions are turned off or on, and the USB drive is not being accessed, removing the USB flash drive with the Rigol powered on crashes the Rigol.  Its ok to insert it, but not remove it.

FFT
After over 1 hour of use, or after the file error with the USB flash drive, new harmonics appear in the FFT spectra.  If you shut off the Rigol or reset to factory defaults, these harmonics disappear, and the distribution is what is expected, say with testing with a square wave.

Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline torch

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol 1052E Bug Report, Firmware 2.04
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:10 pm »
I have saved 12 each of waveform, setups, bit map and csv to a USB memory stick with no problems noted whatsoever. When I unplug the USB stick, the unit displays "USB device removed" and continues to function normally. I can repeatedly insert and remove the USB stick without powering anything down.

I can confirm the measurement bug noted in the other thread though. I suspect it is merely an artifact -- the memory space was not cleared. The automatic voltage measurement seems to record when running, not when stopped.

Edit: I am using 02.04 SP1 and the scope is modded to a DS1152E-EDU
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:09:54 pm by torch »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Rigol 1052E Bug Report, Firmware 2.04
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:40:40 am »
ver 02.02 dont have the usb remove crash. never try the 10+ files though.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf