Author Topic: Clapper switch.  (Read 4670 times)

Offline lesserwordsTopic starter

Clapper switch.
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:33:36 pm »
ok... I wanna make a clapper switch for my room that works with clapping no just any loud sound, so if you people out there can give me some designs or tips on how to make one plz and thank you.
Ps. Dontmake it too expensive  :P 

Offline scrat

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Clapper switch.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »
By analyzing the sound wave of a clap you should find something which characterizes it against other sounds, and then try to recognize it by means of some filtering (if it's quite complex, also digitally inside an MCU).
There should be around many circuits to do this, usually electronic kit magazines offered them.
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »
He asked the same question before, perhaps it's spam?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1440.msg19034#msg19034

Offline scrat

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 03:31:21 pm »
Perhaps I'm an ingenuous  :-[
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard

Offline allanw

• Frequent Contributor
    • Electronoblog
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:30:20 pm »
Probably just cross-posting.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:09 pm »
Either way it's annoying when you've wasted your time responding to someone's question, only to find they've posted it elsewhere and someone else has already suggested exactly the same thing.

Fair enough it's only he's only made a few posts so our gentle reminder should be enough but if he re-offends I'd suggest banishment but that's up to the powers that be.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:07:27 am »
I did and it was my second post forgot to put the question on the projects blog, and also the other one never checked it after i made it i came to these section and wrote it again.
ps. no one has answer it yet so... yeah. :-\

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 08:10:37 am »
If you'd bothered to read the replies you'll find that NiHaoMike suggested how it could be done and probably would've provided more information if you'd asked.

What were you expecting? Someone to post a schematic, complete with code and a PCB design? How much are you willing to pay others to do your work for you?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 09:11:14 am »
I did and it was my second post forgot to put the question on the projects blog, and also the other one never checked it after i made it i came to these section and wrote it again.
ps. no one has answer it yet so... yeah. :-\
maybe the suggestion will be just to re-bump/reply the thread, it will automatically goes top ranking. or just delete it. you keep and care your own threads, make them tidy... and do make an effort on someone's suggestion, otherwise there is no point for the second thread. IMHO ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:14:30 am by shafri »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 12:01:13 am »
I never saw the other one until today.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:06:14 am by lesserwords »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf