Author Topic: E2V Argus 4 P7130 camera , need one front IR filter  (Read 3261 times)

Offline m-e-tTopic starter

E2V Argus 4 P7130 camera , need one front IR filter
« on: February 05, 2024, 09:48:12 am »
hello , i m repairing one cam that have distroyed filter, the systeme work great but satured without filtering.
regards
sebastien Corradi

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: E2V Argus 4 P7130 camera , need one front IR filter
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 12:33:41 pm »
It isn’t a filter. It is a Germanium window with appropriate Anti Reflective coatings and hard anti scratch layer. The window is highly transmissive in the LWIR band and should be almost transparent to the energy entering the camera from the thermal scene. Your camera should work perfectly without it. If not, your camera has a fault that is not germanium window related. Germanium windows are available but also quite expensive when bought from well known manufacturers. You might get lucky finding a window on eBay but do make sure that it is AR coated for the LWIR band and not MWIR or something else.

Bill_W may be able to assist and I see that you have already asked him for his help in another post.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 04:42:50 pm »
Hi Sebastian

Yes I have replacement front windows, new GBP 40 or used GBP20 ?
These will have the expected transmission, whereas a generic one, especially if hard carbon, would want recalibration to get accurate spot temperatures (well as accurate as you get).

Like Fraser, I find it odd that you are saying it has saturation.  The P7130 is good for 1000°C in the lowest gain mode.
Does the camera change gain mode OK ?
Green / orange / red 'M' top centre ?

What I have not been able to reverse is how to turn a .tic image into raw temperature data - you are stuck with a replication of how the camera processes the image

Bill

Offline m-e-tTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 06:42:10 pm »
Hello Bill and Fraser, camera works nice , i ve tried the filter from an Argus 2 (was a mess to get this out) but it s geometry modify the pics so not usable.
if you ve a new one i m ready to buy one to finish the P7130 and can compare with the 2nd unit.
i ve to refurb the battery pack as well and a bat charger
i ve check it in the lab at low temperature so i ve not swiched in the 2 other modes to see how it work
should be nice to see a fire in my cheamney

sebastien

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 08:01:18 pm »
Argus 2 - that is the front element of the lens, it is not a plain window.
On Argus2 we had a durable outer coating on the front element, which had to be fixed, and focus adjustment only used the rear element

Argus3 has a window but it is a larger diameter.
It is the same lens design as Argus2, but with 'internal' high efficiency coatings on all faces, only the window has the durable coating - and then on one side only.
Mainly down to mechanics and build, as Argus2 had to accept a lot of the decisons from Argus1 - where the tube moved to focus it.

pm sent with PayPal address

Bill

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf