Author Topic: the eternal question about rigol vs siglent  (Read 64724 times)

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: the eternal question about rigol vs siglent
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2019, 01:40:26 pm »
Tautech is always available to forward any bugs/problems to Siglent, from anyone!
Unfortunately I don't see any of the "Rigol boys" do that for Rigol! That would be a great service to the forum.

The Rigol users on the forum are just that -- users and customers of Rigol. They know the same public email addresses and web pages as you do. What do you expect??

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2019, 01:50:57 pm »
Some seem sponsored...  ::)

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2019, 06:19:50 pm »
Tautech's advice is always solid, and has brought quite a few new insights for me. But it is also true that he tends to stress the strengths of Siglent products, and I have rarely seen him point out their limitations or weaknesses. (Understandably so.) That's what I meant when, several posts ago, I mentioned that we had "only" users speak about Rigol and GW-Instek, while the two Siglent advocates/experts have a different background.

From what I recall, tautech has a less-than-ebullient appreciation for the SLA1016 logic probe that can be purchased for the SDS*X-E scopes.  I almost felt as if he was trying to talk me out of getting one.  I bought one anyway, and I might even buy another.  :)

Offline GregiTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2019, 09:31:37 pm »
I have always been a bit naive, so may be doing it again. Tautech has helped a lot of people with countless scope/awg questions and problems. most Siglent based, but not all. He has done in depth research to offer solutions to various problems, which sometimes takes days and several posts. He is openly the New Zealand distributor for Siglent, so helping a guy from Romania or the states is unlikely to foster a sale for him. Maybe Siglent pays him by the post, I don't know, but I see no one in a similar position for either Rigol or GWS doing anything remotely as useful. Maybe my naivety prevents me from seeing the actual goings on, I don't know.

I wont mate;)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2019, 10:25:18 pm »
I have always been a bit naive, so may be doing it again. Tautech has helped a lot of people with countless scope/awg questions and problems. most Siglent based, but not all. He has done in depth research to offer solutions to various problems, which sometimes takes days and several posts.
It helps that I have a range of demo models that I can replicate issues with and/or offer advice usage.

He is openly the New Zealand distributor for Siglent, so helping a guy from Romania or the states is unlikely to foster a sale for him. Maybe Siglent pays him by the post, I don't know,
I don't get one red cent from Siglent for my efforts here other than the feedback from you guys to pass to Siglent whether it be good or bad which then enhances product quality and functionality and then we all benefit.

They send me a small Christmas prezzie (and last year one for Defpom too) as some token of thanks for our efforts.
Other gratitude's received was a nice lunch when I visited the factory some 5 years ago and more recently a free pre-production DSO to beta test.

The massive pool of experience here has helped Siglent improve all their products which of course translates into better marketplace acceptance and increased worldwide sales that I might also share in.

Going forward, I too am learning each time new products are released and try to hold at least a demo model of new products so to have some familiarity with them for local and EEVblog support.
Unless there are language issues I try to do all this here on EEVblog so others that strike the same issues can learn from it too. Support to EEVblog members via PM is NOT my style.

I should add that the complexity of modern equipment can be a hurdle even for those with some experience and what may seem like a bug is often a usage error. However please keep posting about things that aren't understood as there's always someone ready to help within a short time.

To those that may have not had the help they expected or hoped for, well I am human and can make mistakes.  :-[
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:33:37 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: Omega Glory

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2019, 10:27:26 pm »
I guess some people are brittle, but you clearly identify who you represent and you are super helpful. I'd rather have that than a curmudgeon who is hiding associations with vendors.  :-+

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2019, 10:44:39 pm »
I guess some people are brittle, but you clearly identify who you represent and you are super helpful. I'd rather have that than a curmudgeon who is hiding associations with vendors.  :-+
Agreed however as a member one can access all the posts of anyone else here and in doing that it can be plainly clear any bias or affiliation they might have.
Like when buying equipment, we do our homework, right ?
Do the same with any member.  ;)

I've read on numerous times some 1000's of posts by a member to gain better understanding of their knowledge and experience. It can be very revealing and any of these might apply:  :wtf:  :clap:  :bullshit:  :-+  :palm:  :-*  ::)  |O  :horse: and so on.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2019, 11:51:53 pm »
Siglent + CML+  =  A mystery to me.  :)

Am I the only 1 in the whole world that sometimes uses Dots, Persistence, ExtTrig, STOP, ScanMode, Invert, or ETS(LOL).
Who's idea was it to have 1 channel bright yellow and the other dark purple - which has to have a different coloured persistence. :popcorn:
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2019, 12:00:24 am »
Siglent + CML+  =  A mystery to me.  :)

Am I the only 1 in the whole world that sometimes uses Dots, Persistence, ExtTrig, STOP, ScanMode, Invert, or ETS(LOL).
Who's idea was it to have 1 channel bright yellow and the other dark purple - which has to have a different coloured persistence. :popcorn:
Yes I know, currently I'm having another bitch about these ^ !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2019, 01:11:31 am »

I really don't get it, are were there any other reports of some of these features, I use Dots about 25% of the time and the simple Persistence about 90% of the time, I must be the only one.  >:D

The only thing I've noticed with .20 so far is self-cal has reduced CH2's 2mV/Div. GND-0V 0.2 Div error to just 0.1Div. which is fine, - it's the first time I've noticed anything change after a self-cal. :)
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2019, 02:03:47 am »

I really don't get it, are were there any other reports of some of these features,
Dunno and it doesn't matter as your work was plenty good enough for them to follow and then rectify what you'd bought to our attention.
Maybe they only sell these to the edu marketplace and they are not being used to their potential as you do.  :-//
Pisses me off some that CML+ is not as good as CML was.  :horse:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf