Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16956508 times)

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #98000 on: August 17, 2021, 10:40:04 pm »
A few ebay etc picks:

Waterproof boat anchor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124855346598

I'm sure Med would quite enjoy re-spraying that in Tek blue:-DD

David

Nope. Look at side label. Made by hp. I would have to paint it grey.

Nope.  :P ;D
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98001 on: August 17, 2021, 11:27:53 pm »
For a moment there I thought you was going to say "piss up a rope"  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98002 on: August 18, 2021, 12:03:01 am »
Anybody else has one ? I wonder how many there are here...

I actually have two - the second, more functional one, is a Mod 122C with the additional 400V collector voltage option.  It at least works, but still needs some going-through.

TWO ?!  :scared:  Lucky you... and there is a 400V version you say ? Shouldn't have said that, I need to find one now !  :-DD
Nope... getting hold of one was enough of a miracle, two is less likely than winning the lottery...

Quote from: Cubdriver
Following are some macro photos of the rear of the Base Step Mode switch from my 'working' 575-122C
[..]

Wow, thanks a lot for all these nice shots and explanations ! I appreciate the time and effort ! :-+
Sure helped !  I have now diagnosed my switch problem, see pic below. The moving contact for the REPETITIVE position, was damaged. The tip of it suffered metal fatigue and was badly bent... took only a light finger touch to for it to snap/break for good !
Also, the inner contact also in the REPETITIVE position, was badly bent inward, meaning that in the OFF position, it was not making contact as it should.
So for now, I bent the outer contact so that it contact the moving contact, what's left of it I mean, so as to "hard wire" the unit in REPETITIVE mode. Sucks I know, but at least for now it means I can use the instrument and keep working on it to fix it.

Now for a long term repair, not sure how I would go about it ?!  :scared:
Finding parts for a 575 I won"t even waste my time searching...
With some luck there is the same style of switch in one of my Tek scopes and I can take the switch apart to salvage the particular contact that I need ?!
Or maybe old HP gear had that style of switch as well.. a donor HP might do it...
At least it's good that they can easily be taken apart and "configured" which ever way you want, just take the bits you need to make your favorite "sandwich", and crew it together, done !  :D

Tried cleaning the contacts, they are 100% black, a disaster... but it's beyond hope : I rubbed them with a piece of paper soaked in " Deoxit ", no joy. Not  a dent !  >:(
The contacts in your pictures look brand new ! To get mine like that, only way is to pull the switch assemblies out of the unit, take the swithc assembly apart and work on every contact individually, with some soft fiber glass pen or something.

So that's what I did at 9AM after I woke up too a quick breakfast and seeing your message.

Then one thing led to another, and another.... in the end it 1PM next day now, and I worked on the 575 non-stop ! Didn't even stop for lunch, no lunch for Vince today. Did have dinner but only a quick 30 minute break, the time to cook some pasta and watch the news, then back on the beast.

In short I discovered many problems, it's clear that the previous owner had two left hands. I sincerely hope he is better at teaching electronics to his student than he is at actually working on stuff !  :--

1) Bat for the STEPS / SEC toggle switch : bent along two axis ! Don't know if I can straighten it... if not, needs to be replaced.  That switch is near teh edge of the cabinet so is quite exposed I guess...

2) Chassis : top left cross beam plain missing !  The beam that runs all the way from front to back, connecting the front panel to the back panel. It's just not there ?!  :o

3) Chassis, RHS, lower deck : there is a biiig panel/shield  like 20x15cm that's missing !   You can see the 4 screw holes for it, and it's visible in the B&W pics in the service manual. It's got lots of text  printed on it, and an access hole for a trimmer cap. It SUCKS BIG TIME !!! :scared:  :( :( :(  Of course it's not needed for proper operation I suppose, but it's horrible none the less, a big chuck of the instrument is missing, impossible to source of course !  :rant:

4) Chassis, RHS, bottom deck. There is a triangular reinforcement plate between the rear panel and the deck. 3 mounting screws on the deck side, one is missing.

5) CRT rotation : I always wondered why the traces / curves on the screen where tilted to the left rather than the right as they should... I though hey could be as simple as the CRT needed to be adjusted/ rotated. So looked at the clamping mechanism.... oh my God. Does not look pretty in there, carnage !
The neck of the CRT is flapping in the breeze, unsupported ! Looking at teh exploded view in the manual, and comparing with the CRT on 500 scope... looks like the 575 CRT is missing a huge cylindrical plastic part that's supposed to wrap the neck and fit inside the metal bracket. So, missing part again !
Hopefully I can salvage one from a scope, it's reasonable to believe it's the same part.. .crossing finger !  :palm:

6) Power cord : previous owner fitted a modern european câble. Practical but

- There is a nasty cut on one of the wires
- He didn't find it useful to connect the fucking EARTH WIRE !!!!  :rant:
- He soldered the two wires from the cables, straight to the terminals at the back of the original US power socket. Just look at the "quality" of the joints.... it's  a wonder it works at all, might catch fire one day, who knows !  :--

7) Was going through each and every switch to soak it in Deoxit and exercise them.  When I got to looking at the " x1 / x10 " collector voltage selector switch, see what I found ? Unbelievable... The outer wafer is simply broken big time, a huge chunk of ii parted company ! It's still in there because there wires soldered to that part of the wafer so the wires are keeping it from wondering all around the instrument !  I tried to superglue it back together... somehow it appears to hold up, seems to work.. I can operate the knob, a miracle....
So I need to find a new wafer, with the appropriate configuration... good luck, where the hell am I going to find that ?!   :rant:

..and of course the problems I had already found initially :

8) Wrong knob on front panel for the " SERIES RESISTANCE " range switch of the Base Step Generator.  Dark grey with a hole in the center rather than black with no hole.  I can get the appropriate knob from a scope, no worries.

9) CRT Bezel : one of the 4 mounting studs is missing. Can salvage one from a scope. However I looked at it closely and it's not quick / easy fix ! Seems that there is a retaining nut sandwiched between the front plate and the front of the chassis ! So I need to pull the face plate to get to the bloody nut ! So remove all the knobs, pull all the pots, switches, trimmers bulbs, what have you.... a big job. Of course will need to do it when I restore the instrument, but big job so only going to do it ONCE and only once... so the stud will get replaced toward the end of the restoration, when I put all the pieces together.

So there is quite a bit going on with this poor 575... Previous owner was a butcher !  :rant:

It will never be complete andnever be showroom, it's just impossible. All I can do is fix it besst I can and make it look as good as possible, and fix all the electrical issues.
I would need a cheap broken donor 575 to get all the parts I need...  There is no such thging as dirty cheap broken 575 these days, so I don't count on it.
Hence I will cherish the one I have and just try to make it as good as possible... it's all I can do.  :-//

Electrical issues now. Spent all day and night playing with the thing.

I have two main problems :

1) The trace(s) are very unstable, the various traces / steps jump all over the place, see pic.

2) Have some artifact going on at the right tip of the traces / curves, see pic. There is like a "zigzag" / ' S 'shape bit that joins the tips of two consecutive curves. They show only when I run at full speed : 240 Steps / second. At 120 Steps/sec I don't see that problem.

Before I got troubleshooting anything, in case it might be due to a bad contact somewhere, I cleaned all the switches with deoxit, and also cleaned each and every tube socket, and exercised the tubes for a minute in their socket. Took an hour to do, a pain.

Result ? Zero change. So must be an actual electrical issue that needs troubleshooting...

3) If you look at my first pic when I just got the instrument, you can see that there was a problem with the curves : normally you would see a vertical straight line, leaning a bit to the right, where all the curves join, at their left. typical transistor graph... well if you look at my old pics you will see there is NO such vertical line, you only get to see the horizontal part of the curves.  I managed to fix that, when I replaced the dead / unlit V132 6AL5 tube. So that's at least some progress.

4) Oh, I notice also some ripple/HF content on the curves... well I say HF but it's not a scope it's in XY mode of course, so I have no idea at what frequency is this ripple.. who knows might just be 50Hz hum from the power supply, though I did check all 3 test points for +100V +300V and -150V and ripple on all of them is very low. So might be coming from some part of the 575 circuitry...

That's it for today with this 575 ! Started at 9AM it's now 2AM next day !  :scared:

A few piccies and off to bed...

PS: at the very end, before turning it off and calling it done, I tried testing a diode, it looks just beautiful.... I am a simple man  :)

PPS: I attached a pic also of the " CGI " / 3D rendering that the 575 can do ! It looks like a smoke pipe !  :-DD
These 575 were reallt state of the art, no need for fancy CAd programs and graphics cards ! All done with hollow state !  ;D

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:05:55 am by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, BU508A, med6753, mnementh, Specmaster, capt bullshot, bd139, factory, cyclin_al, duckduck

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98003 on: August 18, 2021, 12:03:30 am »

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 01:45:45 am by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Specmaster, capt bullshot, bd139, cyclin_al

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #98004 on: August 18, 2021, 12:22:00 am »
Thanks for the post Vince. Yea the gorilla got to it first but I think you can repair a lot of it. You can fabricate a flat panel, repair the AC line ( :wtf:), clean contacts. For unobtanium plastic mounting parts it's quite possible for a 3D printed design to replace them. It might take someone a while to design it, then find a person with a 3D printer, but I think it's possible. If I lived close by I'd volunteer  :-/O.

Good luck and keep us posted!  :popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98005 on: August 18, 2021, 01:10:55 am »
Hell yeah you are right, I could well make a replacement panel !  :D

I mean, when I left electronics to retrain in aviation, spent a year in the workshop cutting holes in the A320 and A330 we had, just so that I can make custom parts to fix it. rolling aluminium sheet, forming them with the English wheel, cuting/sawing, sanding, filing, drilling, hammering... then make and rivet  sub-assemblies out of individual parts.

But I never got to practive that professionally as my first job was in Quality control ! So I never got to hold any tool other than my inspection mirror and flash light !   :-DD

Some sheet aluminium fabrication for the 575 would be the opportunity to practice and make sense of my training !  ;D

After all that panel is piece of cake.. just a rectangular flat panel with a few holes...  yeah let's do that ! Will be a fun little project within the restoration project, and bring back a good chunk of authenticity to my little 575 !  :D

Then to make it really neat, I would need to recreate all the printing on it as well !  If Cubdriver or Oculus can send me a good quality picture of this panel, I could reproduce it on my computer. Then it's a matter of printing it onto the panel.... that's the hard part... is it even possible ?

I am hoping it is...  I mean with all this 3D printing stuff, 3 axis beds cost nothing. so a 2 axis X/Y platform has to be cheap. I gather there are X/Y laser cutters or engravers / low power lasers, for hobbyists, ie kinda affordable... maybe there exists something similar but using an inkjet print head instead of laser ???  You would send it a bitmap file and it would print it ? Ink would need to be able stick to metal of course...

I need to looking into that, see if any such machine exists for hobbyists.
If not well, I could maybe find a company that would print it on a transparent sticker and I could apply it to the panel. Not ideal and would probably not stand the test of item and heat inside the instrument but well.... or maybe better solution would be to laser etch the panel. Would  not look 100% original as I think the original must be painted, in colour, then lacquered like the face plate, but well, if I can't do that then  laser etching would be a compromise I would not mind. Would be durable and look professional. I could be happy with that I think...

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98006 on: August 18, 2021, 01:16:25 am »
Forgot, another electrical issue to troubleshoot :

It's a measuring instrument... it's worthless unless you can trust what's on the screen... and presently you can't : the horizontal amplifier seems all over the shop : as you flick through the various ranges to scale the graph up or down, the graph often gets shifted on the X axis, to the right, and by quite large amounts. As you might expect, the higher the sensitivity that you select, the larger the shift... you can easily make it vanish wayyyyy off screen, and the "position" knob would not even be able to bring it back in sight.

I am hoping a calibration is all it needs to make it keep the Zero point.. to the left edge of the graticule, and nowhere else...

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #98007 on: August 18, 2021, 01:26:14 am »
Hell yeah you are right, I could well make a replacement panel !  :D

I mean, when I left electronics to retrain in aviation, spent a year in the workshop cutting holes in the A320 and A330 we had, just so that I can make custom parts to fix it. rolling aluminium sheet, forming them with the English wheel, cuting/sawing, sanding, filing, drilling, hammering... then make and rivet  sub-assemblies out of individual parts.

But I never got to practive that professionally as my first job was in Quality control ! So I never got to hold any tool other than my inspection mirror and flash light !   :-DD

Some sheet aluminium fabrication for the 575 would be the opportunity to practice and make sense of my training !  ;D

After all that panel is piece of cake.. just a rectangular flat panel with a few holes...  yeah let's do that ! Will be a fun little project within the restoration project, and bring back a good chunk of authenticity to my little 575 !  :D

Hell yea!

Then to make it really neat, I would need to recreate all the printing on it as well !  If Cubdriver or Oculus can send me a good quality picture of this panel, I could reproduce it on my computer. Then it's a matter of printing it onto the panel.... that's the hard part... is it even possible ?

OK, I did somewhat the same idea for a Drake SPR-4 Shortwave receiver I completely restored. I wanted to add some additional crystals for it (you can still buy them used) for more 500 kHz band slots. But how would I make the custom printing for the band selector?

I did it with clear laser printed adhesive stickers! I spent the time to find the right font and size the letters and numbers. It took a while but the results are indistinguishable form the original stickers. You could make stickers with the right fonts and colors to just apply to the panel. I think it would be super-cool looking!

P.S. Get some sleep!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 01:30:39 am by xrunner »
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #98008 on: August 18, 2021, 02:29:27 am »
Vince -

It looks like your instrument still has the important part of that piece on the CRT neck - the collar around the tube itself.  Mine isn't much better:

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #98009 on: August 18, 2021, 03:44:53 am »
Vince -

It looks like your instrument still has the important part of that piece on the CRT neck - the collar around the tube itself.  Mine isn't much better:

-Pat

My Type 535A has the same arrangement with the rubber collar and red knob to adjust the trace rotation. However, mine is in much better shape than either yours or Vince's and works well. Given the poor condition of the rubber collar and the apparent corrosion I would loosen that screw clamp first before trying to rotate the CRT. And then be very careful when tightening it once the CRT is adjusted.   

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #98010 on: August 18, 2021, 04:23:14 am »
Urrrgh... Just getting to bed after spending the afternoon out in 110%  humidity moving stuff to a storage unit. Air so thick I felt like I was swimming in it, and I swear I sweated out 5 gallons. Almost as bad as back in Houston...

Tomorrow, more of the same.  |O

mnem
*rolls over and heeds Hypnos' siren call*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #98011 on: August 18, 2021, 04:45:45 am »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #98012 on: August 18, 2021, 07:09:04 am »
Vince, you are very lucky...and I am surprised....that the 575 works at all considering it's overall mechanical condition. A whole clan of Gorillas had a go at that scope and it appears that it spent some time stored in a damp area. I've never seen a Tek scope in such poor shape. Hopefully you can find or make bits needed to get it presentable and running stable.  :-+

It's sort of ironic. I have this Type 547 here which is in very good condition yet it keeps blowing up.  :scared:     
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:11:16 am by med6753 »

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98013 on: August 18, 2021, 07:34:44 am »
Sometimes you have kit that doesn’t want to live. There was an episode of Malcolm In The Middle which alluded to this where Malcolm gets a junker after winning some money on gambling.

17:30 on

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:37:37 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #98014 on: August 18, 2021, 09:46:55 am »

OK, I did somewhat the same idea for a Drake SPR-4 Shortwave receiver I completely restored. I wanted to add some additional crystals for it (you can still buy them used) for more 500 kHz band slots. But how would I make the custom printing for the band selector?

I did it with clear laser printed adhesive stickers! I spent the time to find the right font and size the letters and numbers. It took a while but the results are indistinguishable form the original stickers. You could make stickers with the right fonts and colors to just apply to the panel. I think it would be super-cool looking!

P.S. Get some sleep!

I wonder if thermal transfer paper would work? You'd probably have to lacquer over the result to make it durable though.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98015 on: August 18, 2021, 09:49:51 am »
I am looking for a managed 1Gb/POE switch to slap there, I want to do VLAN and maybe other jazz which make sense in 2021.

Ubiquiti's Unifi stuff. Yes, it's (partly) closed-source :-- Yes, it's expensive. But it Just Works™. I did the whole cheap Linux device thing for years and years. I tired of every change to the network turning into a weekend project. The Unifi WiFi stuff works great, too.
I use Zyxel PoE switches and (following bad vibes about the PoE circuit in the Ubiquiti I had to hand) AP. Router is a Firebrick 2900

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98016 on: August 18, 2021, 09:57:11 am »
Who bought the 5245L on ebay UK? I offered the same amount the seller now accepted...

If you mean this one, it was me. It's been on my watch list a month or more including re-lists, and I just got fed up of looking at it.

I suspect either the seller couldn't be arsed dealing with international shipping, or also just got fed up of looking at it...
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: factory

Offline AaronLee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #98017 on: August 18, 2021, 10:06:56 am »
Who bought the 5245L on ebay UK? I offered the same amount the seller now accepted...

If you mean this one, it was me. It's been on my watch list a month or more including re-lists, and I just got fed up of looking at it.

I suspect either the seller couldn't be arsed dealing with international shipping, or also just got fed up of looking at it...

When I open up that link, it shows, at least for me, that international shipping was available via the Global Shipping Program.

What's the deal with so many sellers not willing to use the Global Shipping Program? Is it a lot of hassle for them? My understanding is they just ship it domestically, and then the Global Shipping Program deals with all the international shipping/issues. Not using it just means the sellers are limiting their potential buyers and losing money. I notice it especially with German sellers, who almost always don't have any option for international shipping. There's a lot of interesting listings from Germany which I'll never be able to buy.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #98018 on: August 18, 2021, 10:12:07 am »
GSP is not open to German sellers afaik

The following users thanked this post: AaronLee

Offline Cymaphore

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #98019 on: August 18, 2021, 10:12:07 am »
Finally! I was able to get a device from Norma's 900 Series (last series of NORMA-branded DMMs):

NORMA NORMAMETER 940

Almost fully working, only temperature reads nonsense. Looks as if a mechanic used it to rub an exhaust pipe clean by the amount of black dirt. Voltage and resistance measurement almost completely identical to BM789, once again an old device with flawless calibration after decades.

Should I do a separate Thread for Presentation, Images and Teardown after getting all that black surface patina off?

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, med6753, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, Andrew_Debbie, cyclin_al, AVGresponding, duckduck

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #98020 on: August 18, 2021, 10:28:33 am »
Goodbye Norma Jean... though I never knew you at all...

mnem
Just run it through the dishwasher. What's the worst that could happen...?    ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:34:51 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Cymaphore

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #98021 on: August 18, 2021, 10:35:52 am »
Instruction manual for my Dana 5100 DMM arrived from California.   The 44 year old document is in great condition.   It still has the reply card to get on the mailing list for addendums. 

This is a cleaner copy then the 5100AF scan I've been using.     There are many small differnces between a 5100 and 5100AF.    Having the correct manual is helpful. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:39:26 am by Andrew_Debbie »

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, med6753, Specmaster, bd139, factory, cyclin_al, Cymaphore

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98022 on: August 18, 2021, 10:54:17 am »
Just run it through the dishwasher. What's the worst that could happen...?    ;)

If the boot comes off, might be worth a try. Just don't let the wife see you doing it...
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #98023 on: August 18, 2021, 10:55:39 am »

What's the deal with so many sellers not willing to use the Global Shipping Program? Is it a lot of hassle for them? My understanding is they just ship it domestically, and then the Global Shipping Program deals with all the international shipping/issues. Not using it just means the sellers are limiting their potential buyers and losing money. I notice it especially with German sellers, who almost always don't have any option for international shipping. There's a lot of interesting listings from Germany which I'll never be able to buy.

Some notes on international shipping;

• As has been indicated, GSP is not available from everywhere
  • I've been successful in persuading a reluctant seller to actually consider GSP and that way i got my prized -hp-428b. But that was from the US where it is available.
  • Shipping inside EU is _much_ easier than into or out of it, if not equal.
  • Germany is a good example. They have what from the outside seems like a very competitive carrier market, since shipping from Germany into Sweden is insanely cheap, especially if you're an e-commerce trader with some volume to show.
  • Shipping from Sweden is insanely expensive, OTOH.
  • GSP is very good w.r.t. shipping damage. As BD139 shows in his videos, people can't pack stuff. Neither can GSP, but they sure can play the refund game. I've got several free items this way, that in the end were possible to repair with some effort.
  • Your flag is South Korea -- if that's correct, there probably are a lot of explanations why shipping to and from you is hard. The UPU has a balancing system where countries with "less evolved economies" can essentially dump their export packages at the doorstep of for instance Europe and expect them to be delivered for free. China is probably the most obvious example of a country in that situation, and has firecely resisted being upgraded in the UPU system. I would not expect South Korea to be in the same tier as China, so your postal authority would have to pay more to the recipient country to get shipments delivered.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98024 on: August 18, 2021, 10:56:14 am »

When I open up that link, it shows, at least for me, that international shipping was available via the Global Shipping Program.

Your understanding of GSP is correct, I've sold tons of stuff using GSP and its no different than sending something to the next town, no extra paperwork to complete or anything. For the seller, its a doddle, send it to the local GSP address provided by eBay. Once it arrives there, GSP handle everything else and also become responsible for everything. Seller responsibility cease once the GSP receive the parcel.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf