Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17491963 times)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #84825 on: March 09, 2021, 09:14:57 pm »
The bloody keyboard being used has snuffed it hence the stupid order of letters and weird speech in this post. There is a letter I have to avoid typing that is between N and . . Very annoyed  >:(. And of course the store with an equivalent designation of a certain rainforest could not deliver a suitable alternative today, preferring to leave it up the road at another house. Grr.

Although it appears that it is possible to write without the letter in question quite easily with lesser changes to the words used :)

This is going to be like the episode with the dead oven isn't it? Days and days of people posting about baked things is going to be replaced with a marvellous, multicoloured, multicultural magnificence of massively m'alliterative messages.

Alas your joy is ruined as I found a spare one floating around  :-DD

Offline ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #84826 on: March 09, 2021, 09:24:55 pm »
The bloody keyboard being used has snuffed it hence the stupid order of letters and weird speech in this post. There is a letter I have to avoid typing that is between N and . . Very annoyed  >:(. And of course the store with an equivalent designation of a certain rainforest could not deliver a suitable alternative today, preferring to leave it up the road at another house. Grr.

Although it appears that it is possible to write without the letter in question quite easily with lesser changes to the words used :)

This is going to be like the episode with the dead oven isn't it? Days and days of people posting about baked things is going to be replaced with a marvellous, multicoloured, multicultural magnificence of massively m'alliterative messages.

I see no unwritten letter in that latest post of yours, so I am not convinced. It might be a stock photos, smoke and mirrors. Or your mind has already unconciously adjusted and the occurence of the unwritten letter will be diminished in your posts for a while.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84827 on: March 09, 2021, 09:45:24 pm »
So went to pick up the 492BP. about 1h 45mn each way. Was going to take the dog but decided not to asit's a bit long. Seller was very interesting with a large shed that is very un-shed like. The front part has a 3 sided bench with lots of high quality TE all racked out with the top racks tilted out at the top. Mostly HPAK, with some Tek, R&S etc. Retired consultantso most paid by work I guess. He and  have worked in similar fields so had a nice chat.
Unfortuntly the rest of the evening was pretty bad, Just after I loaded thee SA in the car my mobile rang. it ws WMBO in tears saying or dog, Orli, appeaed to have broken her leg in the backyard. Orli is  12 1/2 year old German Shepard cross rescue. I knew straight away wha it was, bone cancer. we are waiting result of one more test but it looks like we will be saying goodbye to her tonight :'(
No advice on decision please, we both have had dogs and myimmediate family include a vet and vet nurse.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Zucca, mnementh, Specmaster, beanflying

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #84828 on: March 09, 2021, 09:46:29 pm »
Well done mnem on that PC, I am upgrading the Quadro on my custom wood case one:

Yes the two harddisk on the left are a temp solution....

I am playing with fire now, I sold my K6000 and got a M6000 24GB. Very risky PayPal movements, I hope not to get scammed.  :scared:
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #84829 on: March 09, 2021, 09:50:47 pm »
So went to pick up the 492BP. about 1h 45mn each way. Was going to take the dog but decided not to asit's a bit long. Seller was very interesting with a large shed that is very un-shed like. The front part has a 3 sided bench with lots of high quality TE all racked out with the top racks tilted out at the top. Mostly HPAK, with some Tek, R&S etc. Retired consultantso most paid by work I guess. He and  have worked in similar fields so had a nice chat.
Unfortuntly the rest of the evening was pretty bad, Just after I loaded thee SA in the car my mobile rang. it ws WMBO in tears saying or dog, Orli, appeaed to have broken her leg in the backyard. Orli is  12 1/2 year old German Shepard cross rescue. I knew straight away wha it was, bone cancer. we are waiting result of one more test but it looks like we will be saying goodbye to her tonight :'(
No advice on decision please, we both have had dogs and myimmediate family include a vet and vet nurse.
Be strong with all the memories of the good times had.
Yep it's real hard and for each of mine that I've had to put down a weeks talking myself into doing the dirty deed always preceded actually doing it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #84830 on: March 09, 2021, 10:04:04 pm »

@Robert so sorry to hear that. May Orli catch the rabbit in the eternal hunting grounds.

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #84831 on: March 09, 2021, 10:17:31 pm »

I see no unwritten letter in that latest post of yours, so I am not convinced. It might be a stock photos, smoke and mirrors. Or your mind has already unconciously adjusted and the occurence of the unwritten letter will be diminished in your posts for a while.

fnord is the m that bd139 does not type.

mnem
 >:D
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: bd139, ch_scr

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84832 on: March 09, 2021, 10:23:16 pm »

Right about now, UK shipping to the EU is on par with China in speed and attraction. Certainly goes in the same queue.

Yes maybe, but the problem seems to be in the EU rather than the UK. Moronic Deutsche Post for example not being able to indicate that the parcel in question is processed by customs, while the responsibility to know where it is and what is happening to it has passed clearly to them from RM. And when I called I had a specially selected moron on the hotline who tried in barely comprehensible, heavy accented German to tell me that it just takes longer, because Covid. I DID complain about the missing information, not the processing time.

The parcel in question was delivered to me today. (hooray) In my absence. By sheer luck only and in the most irresponsible fashion possible, because who leaves a parcel with a declared value readable from the outside unattended on the stairs of a building with 8 flats and an office? Right, a complete moron.  :palm:

Luckily, my SO came by while I was in Karlsruhe and secured it.

So, today I was delivered a sizeable parcel from Peak Electronics and I am in posession of the already mentioned devices now. (ESR70, LCR45, DCAPro75 with all and every accessory that made sense.)
But my smaller digital camera also died today, so no pics for you. Yes yes, some time will come when I will show how and if the DCA75 works, but right now I am digging out components and play with it so goodnight everyone.... :-DMM

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, ch_scr, Kosmic

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84833 on: March 09, 2021, 10:27:23 pm »

Awww... here you go buddy; this should keep you going until Bezos' buttheads can deliver:

mnem
    :-DD Reply from the late Bob Pease  :-DD

fnord is also the bag of ms that bd139 did not evanesce.

mnem
 :-DD
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:31:16 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84834 on: March 09, 2021, 10:33:58 pm »

Ok. either you are misleading us on a purpose porpoise or you are using a rather strange keyboard.
Between N and V(ery annoyed) is B. And yet your post starts with 'The bloody keyboard'.  :-//

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84835 on: March 09, 2021, 10:39:14 pm »

Best wishes to you and yours Robert. Furry family is no less family, and yours is the one of the hardest decisions anyone will ever have to make. Be strong, for your sake and theirs.

mnem
*namaste*

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84836 on: March 09, 2021, 10:45:30 pm »

Ok. either you are misleading us on a purpose porpoise or you are using a rather strange keyboard.
Between N and V(ery annoyed) is B. And yet your post starts with 'The bloody keyboard'.  :-//

I think he meant between n and this string of characters: > : (  which make up  >:( .

So now you know why I sent him a bag of ms, which he of course will not admit ever existed.  >:D

mnem
 :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84837 on: March 09, 2021, 10:55:31 pm »
What M’s are those? I see no M’s!

@Robert: sorry to hear. :(. Thoughts are with you all 

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84838 on: March 09, 2021, 11:13:31 pm »

That sure as hell sounds to me like you're using a bloody membrane keyboard there, I thought you got yourself a decent mechanical keyboard a while back, surely you haven't screwed that up have you? My sons got a membrane keyboard and he's screwed up the "C" key on his  :palm:, meantime, my cheapo £25 mechanical keyboard from Wish.com with red switches just keeps plodding along, its the best dammed keyboard I've ever had and I've got another Corsair mechanical keyboard that cost £140 and is a POS compared to this.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84839 on: March 09, 2021, 11:33:27 pm »
I destroy keyboards. They get hammered the shit out of them 10-12 hours a day. I’ve never had one last more than 6 months  :-//

This particular one was an Apple magic keyboard 2 which died after 6 weeks. My eldest nicked my Durgod K320 as she murdered her Ducky one with some Monster. I sold my spare K320 a while back (Expenses claimed  :-DD). So I ordered another K320 today (same day delivery) and it got delivered somewhere random but not to me  >:(. Apple are RMAing the magic keyboard and I’ll get a new one Friday.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84840 on: March 09, 2021, 11:35:19 pm »
I destroy keyboards. They get hammered the shit out of them 10-12 hours a day. I’ve never had one last more than 6 months  :-//

This particular one was an Apple magic keyboard 2 which died after 6 weeks. My eldest nicked my Durgod K320 as she murdered her Ducky one with some Monster. I sold my spare K320 a while back (Expenses claimed  :-DD). So I ordered another K320 today (same day delivery) and it got delivered somewhere random but not to me  >:(

Well, you better get back on the program because my name is 'Mike', not 'Ike'.  :P :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #84841 on: March 09, 2021, 11:35:27 pm »
Revisiting the Thermal Camera Rabbit CAVE it is both expansive and expensive :palm:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Wolfgang

• Super Contributor
  • Its great if it finally works !
    • Electronic Projects for Fun
« Reply #84842 on: March 09, 2021, 11:48:55 pm »

This particular one was an Apple magic keyboard 2 which died after 6 weeks. My eldest nicked my Durgod K320 as she murdered her Ducky one with some Monster. I sold my spare K320 a while back (Expenses claimed  :-DD). So I ordered another K320 today (same day delivery) and it got delivered somewhere random but not to me  >:(. Apple are RMAing the magic keyboard and I’ll get a new one Friday.

You need a UNICOMP (old IBM style buckling spring type). They are loud as hell, but I love the feel and they dont break.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 12:01:04 am by Wolfgang »

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, bd139

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84843 on: March 09, 2021, 11:52:49 pm »
DCA75 first report:
Worked straight out of  the box. Installation was straightforward.

This is cool. A hapless 2N2222 came into my fingers first.
The little apparatus states:
NPN Silicon BJT
Red-C Green-E Blue-B
hFE=147 at Ic=5,01mA
Vbe=0,714V at Ib=5,00mA
VceSat=0,104V at Ic=5,0mA and Ib=1,00mA
IcLeak=0.000mA

And the the graphs. They are NOT present after the ID/Quicktest, but have to be performed singly.
Obviously the parameters need a bit of tweaking to produce a better graph and the range for some parameters is limited. But definitely preferable to having to do that by hand! The data for the graphs can be exported as txt too. A bit of a setback is that you can copy the image, but not directly save it in some format. So you have to copy and insert them somewhere - Word for including them directly in a doc or Irfan View go get them stored somewhere, for example. Printing is possible.

Reality interferes with my plans again. Have work to do, will read the manual for real tomorrow and try some more. But one thing is clear: it stays here and Peak El. delivers. Now where there is light, there is shadow too. My most concern is for the USB connector. How many cycles will that micro-USB jack withstand? Leaving the cable connected is not an option, because it will not fit into the case this way. Also, the display is a bit hard on the eyes when using it standalone. I would accept a moderate increase in size and weight if this would be different.  more to follow....

Now I am very very curious as to what will fit in a vest pocket in 5/10/20/100years.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, SingleBitError, bd139, Kosmic, syau

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84844 on: March 10, 2021, 12:03:17 am »
Revisiting the Thermal Camera Rabbit CAVE it is both expansive and expensive :palm:
The thermal camera rabbit is watching you, squinting through his ugly little, limited resolution, eyes.

The thermal camera badger wants ALL of your purse and taunts you from his subterranean lair with MPixel resolution, multiple compensation and calibration features, a set of Zeiss optics and Milspec robustness.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84845 on: March 10, 2021, 12:15:32 am »
Things to do in Russia, when you're bored...

His first mistake. Owning a Hummer. Giant POS. After foaming it up he should have driven it off a cliff.

He would have no problem with a Jeep.
After a while, it is bound to burst into flames, conveniently thawing out! ;D

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84846 on: March 10, 2021, 12:17:57 am »
So sad and I feel for you, I've been at that point a few times in my life, so I fully understand just how you feel, keep positive thoughts and if it comes to it, remember the good times you've had together and you'll never ever forget her, she'll always be with you,  :(
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84847 on: March 10, 2021, 12:22:38 am »
The thermal camera rabbit is watching you, squinting through his ugly little, limited resolution, eyes.

The thermal camera badger wants ALL of your purse and taunts you from his subterranean lair with MPixel resolution, multiple compensation and calibration features, a set of Zeiss optics and Milspec robustness.

The thermal camera wombat just wants you to bugger off so he can get some sleep! ;D

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84848 on: March 10, 2021, 12:25:24 am »

Hmm even so, my computer is on everyday from 9am round to 2 or 3am most days and I'm always on the keyboard, OK, Im' not typist, pretty much almost a 2 finger typist and I admit that I can go through those membrane types pretty quickly but it takes me about a year to do one of those in, but mechanical ones just go on for ever with me, maybe you hit the keys to hard?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84849 on: March 10, 2021, 12:34:14 am »

mnem

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf